Tahoe PPV (police package)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I sent 04BUCKET a PM with some extra details...but the Bilsteins 5100s fixed my shaking/unsettled chassis issues. Rides a thousand times better. My brake rotors are warped, which can be attributed for some of the shake, but the Bilsteins took care of most of the issue. The vehicle is also MUCH more comfortable now.

I ordered mine from 4WheelParts.com:

Order Summary
5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable Shock Absorber - Part # BIL24-186940
5100 Series Shock Absorber - Part # BIL24-187237
cc5off: 5% Off Any Order (Some Exclusions Apply)
Free Shipping

I think either my shocks were trash (after 50k miles?) or the valving in the PPV shocks just isn't really right for the truck.

AnthonyG70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 2006 PPV model, former NY State Police highway use. Love my truck, had since 2009. Only saw about about 2-years road use after the PPV work was completed (delivered early/mid 2007). Top end 135, then limiter kicks in. Yes, lowered with sway bar. Tires are Wrangler AT w/Kevlar, been keeping same tires on it. Alignment has been really good, with only a .001 difference in 6-years!

I have been looking at getting the brakes done recently. I had pads changed a couple years ago, but feeling a bit long on stops. Last time it was in they stated rotors would need to be replaced. Any suggestions on brand for PPV model? I have been looking at Raybesto's, but being on the west coast there is nothing here w/o ordering them. A brake repair place here said something about Sentry(?) for commercial/police applications, but never heard of them. Any suggestions?

Been thinking of shocks as well. Any caveats or recommendations? Vehicle handles fine, but sometimes feels rough going over speed bumps, etc. Never had to replace shocks on any vehicle in my lifetime, but plan on keeping this truck for several more years.

Anyone have any interior shots of the center console setup from NY setups? Curious on how it used to look interior wise when in service.

Kwilson1671

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys i have an 08 ppv and i wanted to reprogram the drl and the security system i go crazy every time i lock my that i have to double check it due to no lights or horns operating when locking/unlocking so i saw a guy that said,yup you have the police mode on and i can cancel that ??? Is that right and if he cancels the police mode what would i loose gain ?

He can go into the computer and reset the DRL,Auto Headlights, and alarm to horn,lights,or both. Dealerships can also do this, not sure of the charge though.

Kwilson1671

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
He can go into the DRL and reprogram the alarm, also DRL so they will work, and also the auto headlights. Dealers can do this also but I'm not sure of the cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep