Tahoe idle oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s because it was right in front of my face!
Hahaha

I asked a question on the other one that was posted, it looks more like it. If that doesn't work then junkyard may be my best bet.

How bad to you think it would be to use the washers that are slightly bent?

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I don't see what part of the diff you're working on. Could you describe it a bit more in detail? Do you see it in the diagram on the link that @Rocket Man posted?
I'm working the right axle shaft, replacing the seal. Didnt realize there was a lock ring on it and started trying to hammer the shaft out of the housing which bent the 2 washers.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to post an important update actually today! Got the pickup tube oring in, new pan gasket and used an acdelco filter, she now idles warm at around 38psi of oil pressure, compared to 20-27 before! And at 1.5k rpm it has around 50psi of pressure compared to the 35 before!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to post an important update actually today! Got the pickup tube oring in, new pan gasket and used an acdelco filter, she now idles warm at around 38psi of oil pressure, compared to 20-27 before! And at 1.5k rpm it has around 50psi of pressure compared to the 35 before!
Nice!

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres must be 2 different styles of these axles. The first video I linked is different than mine, it has a giant snap ring up top, where as mine just had a little clip like in the second video. Also seems in the first one they dont have the second washer that mine has.

Video that mine is NOT like:

Video that mines exactly the same as:

Did they change them at some point?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theres must be 2 different styles of these axles. The first video I linked is different than mine, it has a giant snap ring up top, where as mine just had a little clip like in the second video. Also seems in the first one they dont have the second washer that mine has.

Video that mine is NOT like:

Video that mines exactly the same as:

Did they change them at some point?
This is why I bought a subscription to alldatadiy so I have access to the factory service manual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN