Tahoe Hybrid Seat Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LYK2ROC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really love my Tahoe Hybrid, but the only thing I do not like about it is that there is a bench seat in the back and not captains chairs. Was wondering if it is possible to get rid of the bench and add two captains chairs and then add a bench in the rear? It already has the third row seating. My 11 year old daughter with long legs sitting in the middle is not comfortable anymore for her. I want to keep my Hybrid and not have to make another payment to get a different vehicle. We put a ton of miles on it, so it needs to be comfortable for everyone.

bigdubz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The swap of the 2nd row bench for captains chairs is possible. I have tan leather captains chairs and I'm looking to swap for a bench. In the Washington DC area.
Cheers,
Andrew

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be difficult though since the hybrid battery sits under the second row bench. That's why there was no second row captains seat option on the hybrid.

bigdubz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ahhh, makes sense.

Since posting I've been searching for a bench on car-parts.com as suggested by another forum member. I've been able to find three benches that match color and features with my Yukon within 50 miles for $300 or less. I'm going to be calling around today to see about picking one up and how much I can get for the captains chairs.

Best of luck getting your truck setup to your liking.

Sol Young

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really love my Tahoe Hybrid, but the only thing I do not like about it is that there is a bench seat in the back and not captains chairs. Was wondering if it is possible to get rid of the bench and add two captains chairs and then add a bench in the rear? It already has the third row seating. My 11 year old daughter with long legs sitting in the middle is not comfortable anymore for her. I want to keep my Hybrid and not have to make another payment to get a different vehicle. We put a ton of miles on it, so it needs to be comfortable for everyone.

Did you successfully get captains chairs in your hybrid? I have a 2013 I want to do this to. I figure there might be some bending of metal or fabrication to make it fit? Or can it "just work"?

Sol Young

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The swap of the 2nd row bench for captains chairs is possible. I have tan leather captains chairs and I'm looking to swap for a bench. In the Washington DC area.
Cheers,
Andrew

I've been digging around for any information on the topic and I haven't found anyone who has done it (or at least who has blogged or YouTube'd it). Do you know of anyone who has done it or whether it can work (or what has to be overcome to get it done)?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Previous brochures tout that the hybrid has a specific 2nd row seat made of aluminum. No one followed up to determine why aluminum.

I speculate aluminum was used because it won’t create sparks from normal wear and tear. Batteries damaged from accidents can off gas hydrofluoric acid. Imagine if you were slamming a captains chair or 60/40 seat onto its steel clamps directly on top of the Lith Ion battery for years. Not a good scenario.

Note that the 2017 post from bigdubz states a swap to captains chairs (in a hybrid) is possible. Not sure if he is a hybrid owner or if he’s referring to to a seat swap in a non hybrid vehicle. He only has 3 posts and he never made a vehicle profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Previous brochures tout that the hybrid has a specific 2nd row seat made of aluminum. No one followed up to determine why aluminum.

If I am not mistaken, the use of aluminum in the Hybrid was mainly driven by the need to offset the extra weight of the battery and the electric motors. That is why I believe other components, like the rear lift-gate, are partly made out of aluminum.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the rear hatch fit right up to a regular non hybrid truck?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will the rear hatch fit right up to a regular non hybrid truck?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I don’t see why not Joe, mounting points should be same. I feel like the only differences are its lighter, maybe a little more recessed than a non hybrid and if iirc it has fixed glass.
You can get one? Hunts point?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont