Tahoe has some great traction in 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whiteout150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 2019 Tahoe a month or two ago. I’ve noticed that compared to my previous vehicles, this seems to feel really sure footed. Today it rained hard and I really had to lay into the gas pedal from a full stop to get any loss of traction.

Hopefully we get some snow this season so I can further test out the traction. Tahoe has a G80 and 4wd.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2019 Tahoe a month or two ago. I’ve noticed that compared to my previous vehicles, this seems to feel really sure footed. Today it rained hard and I really had to lay into the gas pedal from a full stop to get any loss of traction.

Hopefully we get some snow this season so I can further test out the traction. Tahoe has a G80 and 4wd.
the brand and type of tires have a lot to do with that

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Stupid question. Did you turn off traction control and stabilitrac? I only ask because I can really get my tires spinning on my Denali when I turn them safety features off. but also like stated above. Tire brands and treads have a lot to do with it as well

OP
OP
W

Whiteout150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Stupid question. Did you turn off traction control and stabilitrac? I only ask because I can really get my tires spinning on my Denali when I turn them safety features off. but also like stated above. Tire brands and treads have a lot to do with it as well
I had them on. Usually I can notice if a vehicle looses traction and traction control kicks in. I’m comparing it vechiles I’ve owned such as a 2008 Toyota 4Runner, 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2003 Mazda 6, 2008 BMW 328i, and 2017 F150.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had them on. Usually I can notice if a vehicle looses traction and traction control kicks in. I’m comparing it vechiles I’ve owned such as a 2008 Toyota 4Runner, 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2003 Mazda 6, 2008 BMW 328i, and 2017 F150.
the Tahoe is heavier than any of those and the ass is much heavier than the F150, if ever want even better traction just throw some sandbags in the back.

OP
OP
W

Whiteout150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just curious if the Tahoe is a vehicle that has good traction. I realize tires make a huge difference but certain vehicles have better traction than others.

I had a 1997 Subaru AWD Impreza with snow tires. My father had a 1999 Outback with snow tires. The outback was much better. I think it may have had to do with the weight and the AWD power split

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only asked because I tend to mess around but I hate when trac control is on. The truck kinda bucks around a lot and really interferes. But I see you’re not going for burnouts lol you’re just making a statement about how good the traction is

OP
OP
W

Whiteout150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the Tahoe is heavier than any of those and the ass is much heavier than the F150, if ever want even better traction just throw some sandbags in the back.
That’s what I was thinking. I usually put about 4 sand bags in my truck during the winter

OP
OP
W

Whiteout150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I only asked because I tend to mess around but I hate when trac control is on. The truck kinda bucks around a lot and really interferes. But I see you’re not going for burnouts lol you’re just making a statement about how good the traction is
Yeah I usually don’t like the bucking of traction control.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious if the Tahoe is a vehicle that has good traction. I realize tires make a huge difference but certain vehicles have better traction than others.

I had a 1997 Subaru AWD Impreza with snow tires. My father had a 1999 Outback with snow tires. The outback was much better. I think it may have had to do with the weight and the AWD power split
yes weight distribution can make a lot of difference, the awd is better overall, although some will argue over 4wd vs awd there not intended to operate the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts