Tahoe door keypad installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newer rides get 3 years for free. I had a 2013 Tahoe and traded it this year and never had to pay for it.
I remember getting the Chevy app features of remote lock unlock and start stop for 5 years..I think that includes basic onstar features. I just bought mine two weeks ago.

Lucas Barnes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have the rest of the install instructions. Does it have to be installed by dealer.
Got it installed. It’s way better than I expected it to be:

-You can lock it while the key fobs are in the truck
-You can lock it while the truck is running
-The keys light up red while using it
-You can activate both the hatch and tailgate with it
-Doesn’t look or feel cheap

I attached the instructions for those interested. Hope this helps others out

*Found out from the tech*
They typically install these on ambulances and some other first responder vehicles with zero complaints as of yet

View attachment 194260 View attachment 194261
t

OP
OP
BEIS

BEIS

Reaction score
Do you have the rest of the install instructions. Does it have to be installed by dealer.

t
Lucas, you have to get this installed at the dealership. They have to program your truck's BCM (body control module) to "talk" with the key pad.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice. I may pick up one of those keypads and mount on the windshield. It's kinda ugly on the door.

Ford has been making these since the 90's that apply with double sided tape. Rather cool that Chevy finally got onboard.
Newer rides get 3 years for free. I had a 2013 Tahoe and traded it this year and never had to pay for it.
I wish. GM/ONSTAR got stupid greedy and in April 2018 they changed the terms of use. Even 3yrs is too little for new rigs for crap you're stuck with.

you get 1 month when purchasing a used GM vehicle. The 2015 I purchased brand new had the service cut off suddenly. GM/ONSTAR decided they weren't making enough money and said screw their customers.

I absolutely hate ONSTAR. Wish I could delete the bullcrap from my vehicle.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice. I may pick up one of those keypads and mount on the windshield. It's kinda ugly on the door.

Ford has been making these since the 90's that apply with double sided tape. Rather cool that Chevy finally got onboard.

I wish. GM/ONSTAR got stupid greedy and in April 2018 they changed the terms of use. Even 3yrs is too little for new rigs for crap you're stuck with.

you get 1 month when purchasing a used GM vehicle. The 2015 I purchased brand new had the service cut off suddenly. GM/ONSTAR decided they weren't making enough money and said screw their customers.

I absolutely hate ONSTAR. Wish I could delete the bullcrap from my vehicle.

Lock/unlock was cutoff on the myGMC app?

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lock/unlock was cutoff on the myGMC app?
Yes. ONSTAR decided to remove all users unless they pay $15/month. You now get 1 month free when buying used. New varies based on brand

Only a few users got to keep it.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 19 and I only got 3 months free. It was a nice feature to have but I'm not paying $15 a month to unlock my truck with my phone.

If you guys know a secret on getting the 3-5 years free, let me know.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 19 and I only got 3 months free. It was a nice feature to have but I'm not paying $15 a month to unlock my truck with my phone.

If you guys know a secret on getting the 3-5 years free, let me know.

That stinks. My denali came with 5 years of the basic plan.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard GM stopped the 5 year deal after 17, maybe. If you have it now, then it should stop after 5 years max.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont