Tahoe died in reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its threatened to do it before but never quite died. Once i start backing up, from a stop, it died afrer a 5 or so feet. Fuel filter is new... im suspecting i could use a new fuel pump. I can only assume mine is original 1998 with 200k miles.

Any other ideas?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
My 96 two door Tahoe did that once or twice and it ended up been the transmission. I wanna say it was the torque converter but don't remember to be honest w you.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Transmission likely. Especially in my case. Mine will sometimes act like it wants to die. I just feather the gas when it starts to stumble. God knows I've replaced everything but the transmission. And with that, I've jinxed myself. LOL Happy Friday!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Looks like a great deal.

He texted me more pics and I could not believe how clean it looks. I don't see any dents but I do see a couple paces where the white paint has flaked away in about a 2" square area on each of them. The leather seats are in great shape with no sight of any of the driver's seat known problems. This Sport edition looks like my old 96 rig.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
He texted me more pics and I could not believe how clean it looks. I don't see any dents but I do see a couple paces where the white paint has flaked away in about a 2" square area on each of them. The leather seats are in great shape with no sight of any of the driver's seat known problems. This Sport edition looks like my old 96 rig.
Getting it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu