Tahoe Cross Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Dewberry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Gang... I am interest in putting cross beams on my 2017 Tahoe Premier. I saw a post on this from a while back, but I don't think anyone asked this:

OEM vs Aftermarket?

I have a Thule roof top luggage rack that I need it for, plus I am going to buy a Yakima Ski Rack / Rod Rack (or similar) for it as well. I am reading mixed reviews about this and really wouldn't mind some input. Really want it to remain stock / sleek when not using the racks, so I don't want a big roof bar system.

OEM runs about $225. Aftermarket around $90.

Worried if I have the Thule on and full of luggage that it will withstand the speeds and drag and stay on!
LOL.

Talk to me!

lsorah0001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This set is the exact set we bought for our 2017 Tahoe. Fit great. There are plugs you have to remove on the side rails that look like screws. Turned one forever before I realized you have to pull them out, lol. We have a luggage box we took from TN to Disney and back loaded with a double stroller, 3 kids suitcases, and some other things. No problems, they work great!