Tahoe converted to a truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodeoclown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. Around here older SUVs are cheap right now I have 3-99 4dr Tahoe’s. So here’s my idea: With one I’d like to remove the rear glass and cut 1/2 the box off along the mid seam. I would patch the rear door handles and I have a fiberglass tonneau cover to install.. after installing a rear window I would effectively be converting the hoe into a short bed truck... has anybody tried this??

SidewaystheSeven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribed.

I've seen this on a few Burbs (even one with the roof completely removed last week) but never a Tahoe. I would think you'd need something to strengthen the structure, but I'm sure you already have that planned.

SidewaystheSeven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A quick Google search brought up multple instances of Suburban conversions, but no Tahoes that I found. I imagine the process is largely the same, you're just going to wind up with a really short bed. Like H2T style.

OP
OP
rodeoclown

rodeoclown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, the 117.5” wheel base is just slightly longer than a short bed Silverado. It would be a “sport truck” with a big motor... as most are 4.3L

OP
OP
rodeoclown

rodeoclown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would not use the rear doors, I would weld them shut and patch the door handles. I would install rail covers/caps For a finished look.. $65 eBay..

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew a man that owned a '56 Chevy wagon (not a Nomad) that was mounted on a 1972 Chevy Blazer chassis. I didn't look closely at the wheelbase difference, but it must not have been much. This rig was functional, I observed it being used.

I'd not call it desirable, though.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had enough 'spare' cash I'd make a 2-door Tahoe out of an '01 Tahoe. I love that body and I love the big 2-doors.

joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts