Tahoe Constraint Updates - 1/20/22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elise201424

Reaction score
Hi - new here! If the sliding power console isn't on the list like it was last week, does that mean it's now available for new orders? So basically, if something is not listed on the weekly list, its available? Thanks!
It’s still on the constraint list. The spreadsheet above was the allocation list. There is a separate list for allocation and constraints

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi - new here! If the sliding power console isn't on the list like it was last week, does that mean it's now available for new orders? So basically, if something is not listed on the weekly list, its available? Thanks!
No constraints came off the list from last week. It's the same list of constraints.

You may be referring to the Distribution Update list, which is a different list which serves a different purpose.

Distribution Updates - Controls how vehicles can be ordered, with specific options. This essentially changes what you see when you build your order, and can sometimes automatically alter how already accepted orders will be built based on date (e.g. vehicles built before a certain date will include the selected option, and after a certain date will not, like the sliding console.)

Constraints - The number of vehicles that will be produced with certain trims, options and packages. Your order can't even be accepted if something you ordered is at a 0 for nationwide quantity. And is the nationwide quantity is, say, 50, then your dealer must receive an allocation for that constraint, then the dealer has to decide whether or not to use that allocation on your order, and then and only then can your order be accepted.

Neumann6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s still on the constraint list. The spreadsheet above was the allocation list. There is a separate list for allocation and constraints
Ahh, thanks! I thought this was the constraint list. Does anyone have the current full constraint list?

Neumann6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No constraints came off the list from last week. It's the same list of constraints.

You may be referring to the Distribution Update list, which is a different list which serves a different purpose.

Distribution Updates - Controls how vehicles can be ordered, with specific options. This essentially changes what you see when you build your order, and can sometimes automatically alter how already accepted orders will be built based on date (e.g. vehicles built before a certain date will include the selected option, and after a certain date will not, like the sliding console.)

Constraints - The number of vehicles that will be produced with certain trims, options and packages. Your order can't even be accepted if something you ordered is at a 0 for nationwide quantity. And is the nationwide quantity is, say, 50, then your dealer must receive an allocation for that constraint, then the dealer has to decide whether or not to use that allocation on your order, and then and only then can your order be accepted.
Thanks!

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, thanks! I thought this was the constraint list. Does anyone have the current full constraint list?
The link above is the full, current constraint list.

There’s another thread where I posted this weeks Distribution Updates...

And here is where you can find previous weeks Distribution updates...

I might be better able to help you if I know the status of your order. Has you order been officially accepted by GM? Do you have a production date?

Neumann6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I submitted my order through the dealership on Tues 1/18 - 22 LT Duramax w/ Luxury Package, power sliding center console and power release bucket seats. Have not received confirmation from GM and am now guessing it will sit on the "waiting list" for a while due to the constraints. Expecting this to take a while...

Cryptocap

Reaction score
The power sliding console was taken off as an option all together when you go to build your vehicle. You can’t order it at all.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lucked out. I finally made it to first in line at my dealership. They got allocation for a High Country. We were able to get it loaded with 4x4 and the diesel engine. The only constraints that I had to remove from my order to get it approved were: Sliding center console, max towing, air ride, reverse automatic braking and mirror bow tie lights. Not a big deal since air ride seems to be problematic in the cold temps. I'll put my stock bow ties back in our current Tahoe and pull out the lighted bow ties for the new burb :) . We are at least status 3000 and have a TPW of 2/21/2022 We are supper excited to be rid of our 5.3 V8. 19 mpg on the highway is pathetic when empty and cruising at 73 mpg on level ground. i am also looking forward to the larger fuel tank. The Tahoe tank is almost the same size as our Honda Pilot. Another miss by GM in my opinion.

Randy2876

Reaction score
Lower volume (compared to last week) of constrained vehicles being produced this week across the board for all constraints, except for the ones that still remain at 0. Nothing came off the constraint list. Not good news for those of use still waiting to have our order officially accepted.

View attachment 361139
Thanks for the update. Very disappointing for me since I have a Tahoe Premiere on order. I guess since they are producing zero, my chances of getting one is also zero. Maybe 2023 will be my year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts