Tahoe 2015 Tahoe LTZ - Electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith Turcotte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an intermittent problem involving moisture i believe; just realised tonight after brief rain shower that it must be water / ground related issue.

Start out that I get a bunch of random error messages; park assist, towing, hazard warning....etc etc; they keep coming up.

Then all the interior lights begin to flicker on and off; the gauge panels start to go from MAC to min over and over.

Then when I finally make it home the Tahoe won’t shut off; the blinkers go at random, the radio shuts down; the gauges go to zero and I can’t shut the damn thing off even after removing the battery terminals.

I changed battery twice.

Measured continuity wherever if can stick my leads.

Taken it to the Chevy dealership and had them
Update software; they said it was related to a grounded interior light bulb. I don’t think so.

I think it must be related to the hazard warning system as that hasn’t worked in years; maybe a bad sensor;

Anyone have some good advice where to narrow my trouble shooting or had the same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin J

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with similar issues to what you're describing. There were two things wrong on mine:
- Battery lines needed to be replaced
- several modules needed replacing

It was expensive :-(

BezNY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an intermittent problem involving moisture i believe; just realised tonight after brief rain shower that it must be water / ground related issue.

Start out that I get a bunch of random error messages; park assist, towing, hazard warning....etc etc; they keep coming up.

Then all the interior lights begin to flicker on and off; the gauge panels start to go from MAC to min over and over.

Then when I finally make it home the Tahoe won’t shut off; the blinkers go at random, the radio shuts down; the gauges go to zero and I can’t shut the damn thing off even after removing the battery terminals.

I changed battery twice.

Measured continuity wherever if can stick my leads.

Taken it to the Chevy dealership and had them
Update software; they said it was related to a grounded interior light bulb. I don’t think so.

I think it must be related to the hazard warning system as that hasn’t worked in years; maybe a bad sensor;

Anyone have some good advice where to narrow my trouble shooting or had the same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you ever figure it out? I have a similar issue that just started after I’d left the window open and my door panel switches got wet. I dried them up with a towel and everything was fine until later in the evening.

Dash started going from night mode to day mode and gauges were bugging out. Then the error messages started. Every message available. Front camera error tow brake error and on and on it went. I pulled into a gas station to get gas and the truck wouldn’t shut off after multiple try’s at the switch. Filled up with gas with the truck running. Then I drove home and when I parked in the garage and tried to shut it off again it wouldn’t shut off. I disconnected the battery cable and still nothing. Then with the battery disconnected I reached up under the drivers side dash and felt a module. I unplugged one of the connectors furthest from the door and it shut off. Tried starting again and it only the dash lights would come on.

Sounds like a bad module to me and like the other poster stated some bad cables/ ground issues.

smcginnis0507

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever figure it out? I have a similar issue that just started after I’d left the window open and my door panel switches got wet. I dried them up with a towel and everything was fine until later in the evening.

Dash started going from night mode to day mode and gauges were bugging out. Then the error messages started. Every message available. Front camera error tow brake error and on and on it went. I pulled into a gas station to get gas and the truck wouldn’t shut off after multiple try’s at the switch. Filled up with gas with the truck running. Then I drove home and when I parked in the garage and tried to shut it off again it wouldn’t shut off. I disconnected the battery cable and still nothing. Then with the battery disconnected I reached up under the drivers side dash and felt a module. I unplugged one of the connectors furthest from the door and it shut off. Tried starting again and it only the dash lights would come on.

Sounds like a bad module to me and like the other poster stated some bad cables/ ground issues.
We are having a similar issue as well with all guages going to zero and the car wont even let you turn it all the way off. Did you ever find a fix for your tahoe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf