Tablet/ipad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When its in park it does, but not when driving. I will say also the shifter never touches the screen itself. But hardly ever am I trying to do much with the screen in park unless I'm doing a demo for the stereo. It is a floating mount, I could mount it lower or make a custom mount for it but then I'd lose my access to my HVAC controls. Maybe later on I'll relocate them to the glove box and permanently fix the screen to the dash.
That looks way better than I thought it would, and seems to be even more functional. I was trying to figure out what to do for myself.

Why relocate your HVAC controls to your glove box? Why not use one of the cubbies at the top of the center console for HVAC? I am not trying to persuade you; just if you know something I don't -- I want to know. :)

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks way better than I thought it would, and seems to be even more functional. I was trying to figure out what to do for myself.

Why relocate your HVAC controls to your glove box? Why not use one of the cubbies at the top of the center console for HVAC? I am not trying to persuade you; just if you know something I don't -- I want to know. :)
I follow a builder "Steve Meade" and his Tahoe has the HVAC controls relocated to the center console under the lid. I hardly use mine for the storage it has now so it won't be in the way in my situation. I just always like his placement of it and how clean it made the dash look.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I follow a builder "Steve Meade" and his Tahoe has the HVAC controls relocated to the center console under the lid. I hardly use mine for the storage it has now so it won't be in the way in my situation. I just always like his placement of it and how clean it made the dash look.
Damnit! Now I have another rabbit hole I'm down. (Thank you for the clue) :)

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damnit! Now I have another rabbit hole I'm down. (Thank you for the clue) :)
Look up SMD (Steve Meade Designs) he is a high end audio builder that has a Tahoe. Its quite the build to follow. His Youtube channel has a long history of the build and where it currently sits.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is how I installed an 8 inch Galaxy tablet in my 2005 Tahoe. Besides the usual things that you can do with the tablet, I have also set it up to display a reverse camera, and connected it to OBD2 diagnostics and monitoring. Music from it is fed into the factory stereo through the RSE aux in.

Attachments

• IMG_20190317_144227647.jpg
    IMG_20190317_144227647.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Here is how I installed an 8 inch Galaxy tablet in my 2005 Tahoe. Besides the usual things that you can do with the tablet, I have also set it up to display a reverse camera, and connected it to OBD2 diagnostics and monitoring. Music from it is fed into the factory stereo through the RSE aux in.
How do you have a floor shifter that looks like a trail blazer ss

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you have a floor shifter that looks like a trail blazer ss
It is from a Trailblazer. I fabricated a bracket to hold it in the Tahoe console and rerouted the shift cable from the steering column, the cable connects directly to the Trailblazer shifter. I did have to modify the subwoofer box a little to make space for the shifter. I also replaced the column cover with one from a pickup to get rid of the shifter hole after removing the column shifter.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is from a Trailblazer. I fabricated a bracket to hold it in the Tahoe console and rerouted the shift cable from the steering column, the cable connects directly to the Trailblazer shifter. I did have to modify the subwoofer box a little to make space for the shifter. I also replaced the column cover with one from a pickup to get rid of the shifter hole after removing the column shifter.
I'd love to see a write up for your shifter mod. That exactly what I'm needing for mine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts