System building

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Monkey_Wrench

Monkey_Wrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_20210922_163224787.jpg
"If you do your job correctly no one should be able to tell you've done anything at all"
-God

IMG_20210922_163247155.jpg
Ran one USB extension along the bottom seam of the center console so it tucks out of sight next to the seat. The other I ran up the side of the glove box to tuck away under the HVAC control since the console was harder to squeeze anything under on that side.

IMG_20210922_163445055.jpg
Used the tray from the installation kit. It was a tight fit top to bottom. It left a slight edge on the sides but since it's dark behind it won't be visible. Since it wasn't meant for this application there weren't any attachment points. I used my soldering iron to "weld" some bits of paperclips along the edges in to hold it in place.

IMG_20210922_163434359.jpg

Pretty happy with the HU. The one good headrest monitor still powers up but is saying "no signal", I've tried the video out plug, and the AV out one to no avail. Even went in to the menu settings and turned the AV out "on". Really thought that was it, but no... It might be the RCA cable I ran to it. It was old and questionable, but I'd already spent enough time on it and didn't have enough to try and address it right now. Will look into it at a later date.

Fixed the ashtray and cupholder doors while I was in there, so not a total loss. Did not see a sub under there anywhere either, so that'll be another consideration when I get to researching speaker/amp setups

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low