Switching out the wood interior panels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kat hayes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really like the look of the Tahoe though I hate the look of wood panels for the interior. I'd prefer it to be blacked out or a carbon fiber look. What is the easiest and best way for getting rid of it? I'm guessing replacing it with other pieces can be expensive/ complicated?

Thanks.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vinyl wrap them

a few peeps here have done so.

i am thinking about covering mine in leather line i did in my last truck

JohnMoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really like the look of the Tahoe though I hate the look of wood panels for the interior. I'd prefer it to be blacked out or a carbon fiber look. What is the easiest and best way for getting rid of it? I'm guessing replacing it with other pieces can be expensive/ complicated?

Thanks.
The 2015 had a version that was a gray pattern instead of wood. I bought the two pieces for either side of console, now I just need the 4 door pieces.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^where did you find these pieces? I am not aware of the gray look. If you purchased from ebay, they are pre production and never ended up being oem option.

JohnMoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^^where did you find these pieces? I am not aware of the gray look. If you purchased from ebay, they are pre production and never ended up being oem option.
I think it was only in 2015, Slate Rosewell was possibly the name, I'll look tomorrow and send the part number...

Slate Rosewell was the GM color. There is a picture further down in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

MidnightRider

Reaction score
My 2018 has the gray ones which I really like but I think dipping or wrapping them would be a better and more custom option and probably cheaper

cbraga

Reaction score
I think it was only in 2015, Slate Rosewell was possibly the name, I'll look tomorrow and send the part number...

Slate Rosewell was the GM color. There is a picture further down in this thread.

Any luck on these part numbers?? Id really like to change my wood trim out too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts