Sway bar upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bass1775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering an upgrade to some Hellwig swaybars. I currently have some by Belltech, don't like them. Has anyone used these and what do you think?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have heard good things about Hellwigs. I have the Eibachs and have been happy with them since day 1.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do the upgradeed sway bars offer over stock? Can you completely tell a difference or what?

What about front anti sway (or roll) bars?? (Like the ricers have on their strut towers) Do they make something similar for the front?

Boss

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
thats a big negative on the strut tower braces because we dont have towers. Nor do we have struts. Now maybe for the newer ones that use the macpherson strut style. But not for us with the torsion bar style or even the coil springs. Its lame that i know this but what can i say.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering an upgrade to some Hellwig swaybars. I currently have some by Belltech, don't like them. Has anyone used these and what do you think?

Is your truck lowered or lifted? What don't like about them?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats a big negative on the strut tower braces because we dont have towers. Nor do we have struts. Now maybe for the newer ones that use the macpherson strut style. But not for us with the torsion bar style or even the coil springs. Its lame that i know this but what can i say.

Right on the strut but is there an equivalent for the front suspension that provides the same as the rear sway bar?

BOSS

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make both front and rears for our trucks. If you wanna step it up they also make traction bars but you can't be lowered! I hear good things about traction bars but I'm not raisin my Escahoe. Maybe see how she sits when I put in bigger rims and tires, then I'll go from there.

OP
OP
bass1775

bass1775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is stock height. The belltech bars don't fit properly, The endlinks lean backwards and don't perform as well as I think they should. I have ridden in trucks with the hochkis bars and they really perform. The hochkis bars are a little pricey someone, recommended the Hellwigs.