Sway Bar Upgrade for Lifted Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As part of my suspension rebuild, I am also considering upgrading my stock sway bars. I plan to put a 4" lift on my 2009 Tahoe most of the posts I have found in the forums about sway bars have been with those that are lowering their vehicle. What brand sway bars would you recommend for a lifted NNBS Tahoe? I do plan to make my Tahoe more of an overland rig, so there will be extra weight on the suspension during travel.

From my research, seems there is a preference for Hellwig, Eibach, DJM, Hotchkins.

Hellwigs are solid, heavy, and EXPENSIVE!
Eibachs are hollow, a softer wallet pinch, not as heavy as the Hellwig.

I am leaning towards the Eibach sway bars, but I have no information if these will be suitable for a lifted Tahoe. I like the idea of the solid sway bars from Hellwig, but I think it might be more overkill, plus I would like to not add more weight, and the price is very high for these bars.
Check with this guy too:

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
As a follow up I’ve been driving mine the last couple of weeks with only the rear sway bar. It’s fine for everyday on the road and MUCH less harsh off road. The front bar is much stiffer than the rear, which caused it to toss us side to side pretty rapidly as the front met uneven ruts and what not.

With a front link removed the natural anti-roll properties of the front IFS is well balanced with the small rear bar. Now the side roll from front and rear is better balanced off roading.

Note I do not carry a lot of extra weight and no rooftop stuff by design. About 400# and as close to the floor as I can get it.