Sway bar rubbing shock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nah youre good that looks like the driverside, mounted to the outside.

on mine (07-14) both links have an offset bent into them, where as most of the pics in this thread shows a straight bar between the driverside just welded offcenter

2nd pic def picture shows bar on inside though i agree lol
That’s in the instructions for the 07-14, and both end links offset to the right and the instructions are correct. They say to mount the driver side to the outside of the end link which makes sense since the end link offsets to the right. But if you look at the instructions for the 00-06 you can see the end link is a straight bar but look at the bushings- the lower is actually offset to the LEFT so if you try to install the sway bar to the outside it won’t go. But the instructions clearly say to mount it to the outside, just like the instructions for the 07-14. BUT the picture for the 00-06 show the sway bar on the INSIDE of the end link. Instructions say one thing, picture says another, and it only works one way.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the 2sets of instructions and you’ll see what I mean.
00-06 http://djmsuspension.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/RK2000.pdf

07-14 http://djmsuspension.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/RK2007v2.pdf

edit: notice the wording is exactly the same, including the part about the left endlink is only slightly offset and the driver side has a greater offset, but doesn’t say the 00-06 offsets to the left. Both sets of instructions state to bolt the driver side sway bar to the outside of the endlink but the picture on the 00-06 says different. Also it doesn’t matter if you turn the 00-06 left endlink upside down, it offsets the same way.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think djm has it wrong in the picture but has it correct in the written portion

No it’s wrong in the written portion. It says to bolt the swaybar to the outside of the driver side endlink. Look at figure #7, the picture is right but that's not what the instructions say. Here's what it says about the driver side:

"Apply some grease to the bushing and bolt the driver side end link to the

factory upper mount using factory hardware. The lower end is offset to the

passenger side. Bolt the sway bar to the outside of the end link using 1/2”

x 2-3/4” bolts (Fig # 7)."

Notice it also states the lower end of the driver endlink is offset to the passenger side but it is actually offset to the driver side. Look at figure #6 in the 00-06 instructions. The driver side endlink offsets to the driver side, not the passenger side.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But on the 00-06 instructions it also says to install the driver side to the outside but the picture clearly shows it on the inside. Also the left end link actually offsets to the left while on the 07-14’s it offsets to the right. I just checked and mine is installed on the inside of the left end link and iirc that’s the only way it works, just like @Byoung1330 said. Frickin DJM. The instructions are wrong and confusing.

View attachment 247859
I'm glad u got out there an looked at yours and seen what I meant. I remember a while back when I installed helper bags I took my sway bar apart to get springs out an I wondered which way I had it. So I looked back at some pics I had an looked at the Instructions and seen the different ways it said an showed an tried it both wayz an the way I have it now is the only way it will work on my 04. Like I also said if you try the other way it hits panhard bar mount just dont work that way but not like its rocket science. It's a sway bar. The way I've had it for 2 years works. It's not broke either so I'm not gonna think on it to much lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad u got out there an looked at yours and seen what I meant. I remember a while back when I installed helper bags I took my sway bar apart to get springs out an I wondered which way I had it. So I looked back at some pics I had an looked at the Instructions and seen the different ways it said an showed an tried it both wayz an the way I have it now is the only way it will work on my 04. Like I also said if you try the other way it hits panhard bar mount just dont work that way but not like its rocket science. It's a sway bar. The way I've had it for 2 years works. It's not broke either so I'm not gonna think on it to much lol
It’s the right side that’s important. Ask Tony AKA Norcal SS who sells them. They break a lot from people installing them wrong. There’s a few different ways to install them, it’s not rocket science but it’s easy to get it wrong.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So DJM’s tech department emailed me back and here’s what they said:

“Thank you for the reminder I have been wanting to get that instruction correct for a while and now you have my attention to get it done. The photos are from my truck so I got a guy working here that does good videos and I am doing it maybe next week. Thank so much for the time you took to give me a heads up and I hope your truck rides as good as mine with the RK2000”

So they have known about it for some time but didn’t fix it or add a note. I still don’t understand why they don’t include instructions with their parts, at least they didn’t used to. Has anybody here received instructions with their DJM products?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So DJM’s tech department emailed me back and here’s what they said:

“Thank you for the reminder I have been wanting to get that instruction correct for a while and now you have my attention to get it done. The photos are from my truck so I got a guy working here that does good videos and I am doing it maybe next week. Thank so much for the time you took to give me a heads up and I hope your truck rides as good as mine with the RK2000”

So they have known about it for some time but didn’t fix it or add a note. I still don’t understand why they don’t include instructions with their parts, at least they didn’t used to. Has anybody here received instructions with their DJM products?
So they've known about it for awhile but haven't done anything about it. That's messed up on their part. I wonder if they'd deny a warranty return, even tho they had it wrong on their instructions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne