Sway Bar Links and Suspension Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matthop53

Reaction score
I have this posted on another forum but I thought I would ask here as well for more input. I have a 99 two door Tahoe with a 6 inch RCD suspension lift. I was going to install a thicker front sway bar to help with oversteer issues. The links on this suspension kit are longer to accommodate the suspension lift. These links were a pain to put in and I don't think I'm going to be able to disconnect the swaybar without cutting the links. My question is are there aftermarket links that accommodates suspension lifts or is it possible to use standard height links but flip the position of the swaybar? I really don't want to have to get replacement links from the lift kit manufacturer because they are not a user friendly design. Thank you in advance for feedback on what would be the best route.

OP
OP
matthop53

matthop53

Reaction score
Well I did it. Flipped the bar and the stock length links worked. What a pain getting everything in though. The truck handles much better with the larger front sway bar. I was having problems with the truck wanting to yaw in turns. Overall much better the tahoe tracks steady down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972