Sway bar help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
Hellwig makes a nice bar, 1 1/4" in the rear, and it's adjustable. The front is 1 3/8".

Rear...$241
Front..$178

Hellwig actually makes two varieties of front and rear sway bars and I can't tell the difference between them. I've been hoping to find someone on here that is running them to see what they think. I think that the two versions are light and heavy duty, but until I call them and talk to them on the phone I won't know for sure.

Front 7633 $184
Rear 7650 $251

Front 7702 (HD??) $206
Rear 7701 (HD??) $276

Anyone here using the 7702 and 7701 on their ride who can compare them to stock or other aftermarket brands?

**UPDATE**

This week I called Hellwig directly. I talked with someone technical and I found out some interesting bits of info from one of their techs about their sway bars...

Their front version comes in a light duty (7633) and heavy duty (7702) version. The difference in cost suggests this.

The rear sway bars are a little bit different. The person I spoke with, I think his name was Kevin, said that the 7701 has three mounting holes for the end links which makes it adjustable. Also it is supposed to come with adjustable end links. The 7701 installation manual indicates this as well.

The only thing that confuses me now is that I just downloaded the 7650 installation manual and it has some of the same pictures. I've got to call Hellwig back about this on Monday and confirm the adjustability and end links being included for the two rear kits. I'll update this thread with what I hear.

Last edited:

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this back from the dead. But Did you ever purchase this.

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this back from the dead. But Did you ever purchase this.

I hope I'm not threadjacking, but I recently went with the Hellwig 7702 front and 7701 rear. They're *really* beefy and the rear is nice because it's adjustable. I've put a good number of miles on them since the purchase and install and I'm pleased. The rear sway bar has three spots to mount the links and I'm on the middle mounts...the truck oversteers a little easier than I'd expect, but I expect that's a combination of aging tires and the sway bar not being on it's firmest setting. I'm going to adjust it to the firmest setting and see what difference it makes. Overall I'm really happy.

The biggest downside of the rear adjustable sway bar kit that I bought is that it comes with some nice end links that you can adjust the length on...the downside to this is that they're too long to use on a lowered Tahoe.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike I have eibach sways and no problems. made a Big difference when I installed them.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope I'm not threadjacking, but I recently went with the Hellwig 7702 front and 7701 rear. They're *really* beefy and the rear is nice because it's adjustable. I've put a good number of miles on them since the purchase and install and I'm pleased. The rear sway bar has three spots to mount the links and I'm on the middle mounts...the truck oversteers a little easier than I'd expect, but I expect that's a combination of aging tires and the sway bar not being on it's firmest setting. I'm going to adjust it to the firmest setting and see what difference it makes. Overall I'm really happy.

The biggest downside of the rear adjustable sway bar kit that I bought is that it comes with some nice end links that you can adjust the length on...the downside to this is that they're too long to use on a lowered Tahoe.

Any pics of the adjustable end links. Can they be modded in any way?

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried or heard anything about Addco bars. They make a 1 1/2 front and 1 1/8 Rear, the specs look good but I have not seen any reviews

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14