swapping wheels - question on tpms sensors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aztec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning /afternoon everyone I have a question on swapping wheels on my 2016 Yukon Denali.
I putting the same exact wheel just a different color ( they both genuine gmc wheels)
I would like to know if I can use the same tpms sensors I have on right now ?
Do I need to do any sort of programming ?

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• kkkkkk1.jpg
    kkkkkk1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can swap out the TPMS sensors off your old wheels and install them on your new wheels. If you swap out and install at the exact same wheel position, you won't need to do anything, and the truck's current setting on which wheel is on which axle will be the same.

If you don't know which was which after mounting the tires and mounting the wheel/tires to the truck, then you will have to do the TPMS reset/relearn procedure.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning /afternoon everyone I have a question on swapping wheels on my 2016 Yukon Denali.
I putting the same exact wheel just a different color ( they both genuine gmc wheels)
I would like to know if I can use the same tpms sensors I have on right now ?
Do I need to do any sort of programming ?

thanks in advance.
You can use your existing sensors on the new wheels and unless you put them on the same position they came off, you will not have to do a relearn.

OP
OP
A

aztec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you very much guys I greatly appreciate all your help..ill post before and after pics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26