Swapping stock Bose. How to unlock??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billingssley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my moms 03 tahoe 6disc radio trapped the cds inside and I have a identical one out of my 04 and its locked. Is there any way to unlock it fully without contacting GM????

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So my moms 03 tahoe 6disc radio trapped the cds inside and I have a identical one out of my 04 and its locked. Is there any way to unlock it fully without contacting GM????

It's vin locked. There's a youtube video on it. Gotta take it apart and remove a little chip. It say ERR in the lower corner, but it doesn't affect anything.

OP
OP
billingssley

billingssley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sweet I'll give it a shot. Thank you

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what happens, if my CD player is in the way?? ( Hopefully, I won't have to worry about fixing my radio)......

The YouTube guy needs a producer,,,,,, What's with the minute & a half of digging into his tool cabinet looking for a needle nose?? ( I'm just being too critical ) :baby:
But, the info is good to know.

OP
OP
billingssley

billingssley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's vin locked. There's a youtube video on it. Gotta take it apart and remove a little chip. It say ERR in the lower corner, but it doesn't affect anything.
The video doesn't exactly match my radio and I can't find a chip that reads "ERR" ? Anywhere on the board

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seems like a major hassle versus just pulling up to the dealer service area and asking them unlock it, they press a couple buttons, retrieve a code from the screen, go inside call gm, get a code from gm, come outside input the code in radio, done, takes less than 5 minutes and they shouldn't charge for it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The video doesn't exactly match my radio and I can't find a chip that reads "ERR" ? Anywhere on the board

The chip doesn't say "ERR", after removing the chip it'll say "ERR" on the display screen, but it doesn't affect anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros