Swapping 01 bezel / radio bucket (video in the works...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DriverJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm doing a Double DIN swap on my 01 Yukon, I've got all the parts, and will be doing the install tonight. After I finish I'm going to edit together a video on how to do it, with what parts/tools, etc. are needed. Probably posting it later this week or early next.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you'll have to make some cuts inside the dash and to the trim panel but nothing difficult

OP
OP
DriverJ

DriverJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Honestly after starting it, and seeing what all needs to be trimmed and the cost... I didn't find it to be worth it and went with the Metra kit, so I'm selling my swap parts lol

OP
OP
DriverJ

DriverJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^ definitely worth the Metra kit vs messing around for the price and pain in the... that making an 03-06 bezel work is.

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
^ definitely worth the Metra kit vs messing around for the price and pain in the... that making an 03-06 bezel work is.

I bought a double din radio as well for my 01 Tahoe. In order for it to fit do I also need to trim inside the dash to make it work?
What Metra kit are you talking about? Have a link?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989