SUV FNG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s exactly what the rears look like.

So to do new rear shocks I’ll need new springs? I’m honestly fine with that because I wanted to lower the ass end a little anyway and get rid of the muscle car raked look.
Def will need new rear springs. Mine also had the ZW7--those are my old shocks--I lowered mine and I replaced the rear springs with lowering springs. They're too soft for regular shocks.20180228_175217.jpg
With 17's20180617_140544.jpg
With 22's

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s exactly what the rears look like.

So to do new rear shocks I’ll need new springs? I’m honestly fine with that because I wanted to lower the ass end a little anyway and get rid of the muscle car raked look.

You should buy lowering springs and Bilstein 4600’s then, and either crank the front torsion bars down for a 1” drop up there or better yet get some 2” drop spindles. Your front geometry stays the same that way. Beltech makes a nice 2/4 lowering kit. That’s what mine has.

Not a damn clue. They were in it and driving away in less than 4 minutes though. Was stolen from a hotel parking lot in San Antonio, TX.

That’s kind of scary.

Def will need new rear springs. Mine also had the ZW7--those are my old shocks--I lowered mine and I replaced the rear springs with lowering springs. They're too soft for regular shocks.View attachment 268035
With 17'sView attachment 268036
With 22's
Tony are you running 2” drop spindles? I can’t remember.

9F313656-87D8-4A9E-A8E0-755DE864FC37.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You should buy lowering springs and Bilstein 4600’s then, and either crank the front torsion bars down for a 1” drop up there or better yet get some 2” drop spindles. Your front geometry stays the same that way. Beltech makes a nice 2/4 lowering kit. That’s what mine has.

That’s kind of scary.

Tony are you running 2” drop spindles? I can’t remember.

View attachment 268048
No front spindles, I just used lowering keys.

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the info fellas! Both the Tahoe and the Denali look awesome. That’s about the ride height I want eventually as well

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
Got a few things checked off my list already. Belts, idler, tensioners, air filter. Going to be doing fuel filter, oil change and pads/rotors front and rear this weekend. Tried to install an Airaid MIT but I got the 2006 version. I thought it only interfered with the fan shroud, not the fan itself. Oops. So efans are ordered and on their way now! Also going to be installing a pioneer 1400NEX when that shows up with and I got a new tune flashed in earlier this morning that I’m going to be working on over the next few days with the tuner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys