Suspension work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike1975

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got a 2011 Yukon Denali Hybrid 4WD, have been noticing some noise coming from the front wheel areas (left more than right). I took it to a local mechanic who diagnosed it as front suspension shocks and body mount bushings wearing off and needing replacement. Said it's not super urgent but will need to be taken care of soon. Problem is it's quite expensive, mainly because of the OEM parts cost. I'm trying to look for the parts online then having him install them & charge for labor only which I've done before. But these particular parts seem tricky to find. Are there any specific online stores that I can have better luck with, or are there any specific keywords or part numbers that I should search for?

Thanks!
Mike

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got a 2011 Yukon Denali Hybrid 4WD, have been noticing some noise coming from the front wheel areas (left more than right). I took it to a local mechanic who diagnosed it as front suspension shocks and body mount bushings wearing off and needing replacement. Said it's not super urgent but will need to be taken care of soon. Problem is it's quite expensive, mainly because of the OEM parts cost. I'm trying to look for the parts online then having him install them & charge for labor only which I've done before. But these particular parts seem tricky to find. Are there any specific online stores that I can have better luck with, or are there any specific keywords or part numbers that I should search for?

Thanks!
Mike

TONS of info on these subjects here. Do some searching. Are you sure he said body mount and not engine mounts? The engine mounts are a known problem. The newest solution is using the Hummer ones.

What suspension options do you have? Premium smooth ride? Autoride? Self leveling? All of these things will affect the cost of replacements, but any and all can be eliminated in favor of good regular shocks like Bilstein if you so choose.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the RockAuto site? they carry a pretty good selection at great prices. Not saying they would have the special Denali suspension parts but I bet that they have conversion kits so you can go back to conventional suspension if you like .........worth a look?

OP
OP
M

Mike1975

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the replies, sorry it took me so long to post again as I was away for a while. I ended up buying the Arnott strut/coil assembly for both sides from RockAuto and I replaced them myself. noise is gone and the car drives much better as well. Thanks again!