Suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Phillimb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. In my experience, talking dealerships is almost a waste of time on some questions. Finding the right individual to answer a simple question is painstaking, time consuming, and typically leaves me at square one.

I simply posted here as I noticed some members who own already didn’t know if they had experience/heard anything.

However, I decided to try and see. Called two local dealerships this morning. About what to be expected. “Well. It’s too new for us to know a lot about it. We can try to find out.” How long and if I even hear back. Who knows?

I did find the answer to my question just now though. New Yukon’s have RPO code ZW7.

“Premium Smooth Ride: indicated by the RPO code ZW7. This suspension uses a conventional suspension in the front, but the rear uses a self-contained, self-leveling Nivomat shock in the rear. ZW7 equipped trucks come with a softer spring in the rear since the Nivomat self-leveling system does some of the work of holding the truck up. Replacing a ZW7 Nivomat unit with a standard shock requires also replacing the spring, otherwise the truck will sag in the rear and have a much harsher ride and potentially dangerous handling.”

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My experience is that the dealers know next to nothing about the vehicles they sell - except for colors and option packages.
Agree. When we traded in our ‘08 for or ‘13, the young guy was so eager to help that when he went out to find the vehicle we wanted to look at, he tried 3 or 4 times to get the remote start to work before I told him he was trying to start the vehicle I brought and suggested he go look for a brown Denali instead of my Gold Mist one. The look on his face was priceless. Lost any advantage he thought he had on me.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’re gonna be more than willing to find out if you’re thinking of buying. It’s a pretty basic question. Since the 2021 models are so new, the sales department will be trying to educate themselves just like everybody else, and they have the advantage of having a direct connection to GM. But I can say that if you don’t have air there’s no way you’ll have self leveling. There’s no magic way to lift the ass end up. Might be fun to ask a salesman and see what they say and if they say anything different, ask them what exact method is used to self level if it’s not air so you can listen to them try to explain their way out of it. Also, there’s a difference between them servicing something you already own and attempting to sell you a new vehicle.

What about a magnetic ride suspension?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2