Suspension quality of ride question with pics! AKA lift vs level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.....hoping to win some valuable input from everyone here. I have searched and found many lifted vs level threads but none matching what I am hoping to learn. I just purchased a 03' Tahoe with 72k miles. Driven by little old church lady! The truck is going to be my DD and I spend about 75% of the time on highway and just want to make it drive as comfortable and capable as possible. Not much offroading and towing will only be a 2500 lbs or less and whatever set up I get....I will just add bags to help in the rear. My question is which set up is the most comfortable. I do want a sportier ride so I already purchased a set of Belltech front and rear sway bars. I do want 20" wheels to help with steering. Is the factory stink bug look the best or is the lowered or lifted set up better? If I move the height I would only want to raise the front to level with rear or lower the rear to match the front! These are pics of vehicles that I would like to match.tahoe 1.jpg tahoe 2.jpg tahoe 3.jpg

Can you please tell me which would be most comfortable? 1,2 or 3? Thanks very much for any and all input!

Last edited:

Angelo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
3 looks the best but the others look factory so not much to compare.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Hey everyone.....hoping to win some valuable input from everyone here. I have searched and found many lifted vs level threads but none matching what I am hoping to learn. I just purchased a 03' Tahoe with 72k miles. Driven by little old church lady! The truck is going to be my DD and I spend about 75% of the time on highway and just want to make it drive as comfortable and capable as possible. Not much offroading and towing will only be a 2500 lbs or less and whatever set up I get....I will just add bags to help in the rear. My question is which set up is the most comfortable. I do want a sportier ride so I already purchased a set of Belltech front and rear sway bars. I do want 20" wheels to help with steering. Is the factory stink bug look the best or is the lowered or lifted set up better? If I move the height I would only want to raise the front to level with rear or lower the rear to match the front! These are pics of vehicles that I would like to match.View attachment 81735 View attachment 81736 View attachment 81737

Can you please tell me which would be most comfortable? 1,2 or 3? Thanks very much for any and all input!

Really it's all about what you put into it. If you want to keep the ride as comfortable as possible, just keep the stock setup, and make sure all parts are working. Check all four bumpstops, they are used as a progressive spring.

if you want it lowered or lifted, there are ways to make the suspension pretty close to stock, but these vehicles are pretty comfortable as is.

New shocks, highway tires, good bumpstops, and make sure all the bushings and such in the front end are in good shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right