Suspension MAXX or something newer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ran the 2.5"/1" setup from Suspension MAXX on my Tahoe for the last 3 years. Absolutely no complaints other than what seemed to be some topping out of my shocks on speed bumps occasionally.

I pulled the trigger today on getting the same equipment for my 2020 Yukon. They now have a new product that changes the angle and travel of the rear shocks to help combat this exact issue. Anyone running these on their leveling kit now? Any alternatives that are better these days than the Suspension MAXX leveling kit? Here's a link to them if you haven't seen it yet.

https://suspensionmaxx.com/product/SMX-16915ext

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the shock brackets are just to keep the travel equal to the factory intended, those I guess assist the 1" higher rear, same as the brackets for the 2" drop coils.
as far as leveling kits I dont think much has changed in the last 10 years or so since the NNBS got rid of torsion bars. I am running a 2" Rough Country spacer and picked up a 1" rear spacer to get the back up just a tad. No issues with the factory shocks, and I have to drive over 15 speed humps to get out of my neighborhood.

20200402_144800.jpg