Suspension Max lift (spindle/spacer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2WD ewwww lol j/k. I have the 1.5" spacers on my Z71 and like them if that counts...

OP
OP
A

aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LOL, thanks for the feedback on the spacers. I guess what I really was wondering was are the spindles machined well, durable, etc.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I think your fine quality wise. They are pretty reputable. If i had a 2wd hoe i would look into some sort of long travel system for the front. You aren't limited because you don't have CVs. I would look into it.

OP
OP
A

aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My main thing is I don't want to spend a couple grand on a lift. I lucked into a brand new in box 3" body lift for cheap, and now thinking I could round it out with a spindle/spacer lift for a 6" lift total under $500.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Spindles are the most common for 2wd so you sound right on track. For the rear i would go for a 2" spacer. You are going to NEED shocks. People say you can go without them but im running my lift on stock shocks and the ride is HORRIBLE, and it sounds like a rusty see saw which doesnt help either. A nice set of some fox coilovers would be pretty sweet. Either way, post some pics up when your done, should be awesome

OP
OP
A

aaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok cool, any recommendations on slightly longer shocks for this application? I am on a pretty tight budget so I think I will have to wait on coilovers.

Do they make shock extenders for the rears?

I will be sure to take some pics.

Thanks again!
~aaron

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I tried looking for shock extenders but im 99% sure they dont make them for the rear on either one of our trucks. I could be wrong though. Anyway, i think your trucks come with coilovers but i would look at 4 wheel parts. They have shocks listed for different amounts of lift. I think the spindle is 3"s but im not sure.

Kat Killa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of shocks from edlebrock.com that were for 2" lift front & back. They were $25.84 a piece and ride great. Use catalog 2010 in the coupon box for free shipping. I'll try to get some pics up later today.

minitrucker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
rear spacers

If you're trying to save money i've got a set of used 1.5" suspension maxx spacers i had on my truck for about a year. I'd let them go for $50 shipped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727