Suspension/chip tuning/milage programing advice please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denisko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Fellas
Very recently got my '18 yukon denali and already working on magdelete option along with all other maintenance(Miami FL).
Have few questions regards electronics.

1. Cheap diagnose tool that can do ride height trim from suspension module
2. tool can correct odometer(stored in which modules?) beneficially it will do #1 also
3. Anyone has done chip tuning or just plug-in obd2 devices to improve economy/power?

Currently searching over internet for answers. Thanks!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I'm not sure for your truck year and the MDI1 and MDI2 tool communication platforms that it uses, but with my older truck, in order to perform such activities as ALC trimset calibrations, it required a 2-way tool, which was not a cheap tool.

Lots of threads on the Forum regarding tunes for these trucks. Many folks here like Black Bear Performance tunes, while others prefer HP Tuners.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Fellas
Very recently got my '18 yukon denali and already working on magdelete option along with all other maintenance(Miami FL).
Have few questions regards electronics.

1. Cheap diagnose tool that can do ride height trim from suspension module
2. tool can correct odometer(stored in which modules?) beneficially it will do #1 also
3. Anyone has done chip tuning or just plug-in obd2 devices to improve economy/power?

Currently searching over internet for answers. Thanks!
Welcome from a couple hours north.

Well, I guess that depends on what cheap means to you. I am not aware of any tool that can adjust your ride height, maybe others are. There is or was a tool available on Amazon for about $350 or $3500 that can reprogram the cluster for mileage. You may want to investigate the capabilities of GMs MDI2 with GDS2 software and see if it can do all of those things.

A BlackBear tune is your best bang for the buck IMO and others think highly of Lew's tunes at Diablo.

OP
OP
D

Denisko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys! (no photos of my baby yet but its is stocky-stock)

Cheap i mean of these that can perform service i want. Yeah i was looking into GM MDI 2 clone and appears to be good for buck for personal use (under $300 with software or under 250 w/o soft).
Autel has great website for each tool showing all covered functions/blocks for specific car but tools would go 450+ and no odometer correction noticed in it.
Still researching