Surge, RPM Fluctuation, No Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay no stalling today. I did clean the throttle plate again. Checked the terminals, looked for shorts, and cleaned the MAF, and got 60 PSI at the rail. I still have plug wires and tuff to check. She is running better. The throttle plate was pretty bad. Which leads me to my second question. Anyone have any idea what the heck this is? The hole its coming from is where a valve/hose connects to the upper intake from the fuel rail/valve cover area on the passenger side.

View attachment 362948View attachment 362949View attachment 362951
milkshake from the pcv, probably need a catch can

OP
OP
H

Heathen0042

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
milkshake from the pcv, probably need a catch can
Would that be a failing PCV that needs to be replaced or does it just need a catch can?

Edit: If this thing even has a PCV valve. I assumed it did because my other truck has one, but I dont see a valve listed online. Just a hose that connects the PCV to the intake.

Last edited:

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which leads me to my second question. Anyone have any idea what the heck this is? The hole its coming from is where a valve/hose connects to the upper intake from the fuel rail/valve cover area on the passenger side.

There is no pcv valve. The pvc system is built into the valve cover.
There is a Technical Service Bulletin that may apply?

https://f01.justanswer.com/ebrock63...il+Consumption,+MIL+ON,+Engine+Runs+Rough.pdf

Vehicles Built Prior to February 1, 2011 Require Updated Valve Cover

Aluminum or Cast Iron Block - Oil in Intake Manifold - Install Updated Valve Cover on All Models Built Prior to February 1, 2011

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay no stalling today. I did clean the throttle plate again. Checked the terminals, looked for shorts, and cleaned the MAF, and got 60 PSI at the rail. I still have plug wires and tuff to check. She is running better. The throttle plate was pretty bad. Which leads me to my second question. Anyone have any idea what the heck this is? The hole its coming from is where a valve/hose connects to the upper intake from the fuel rail/valve cover area on the passenger side.
What percent is the throttle plate at while idling? Ideal is around 3-5%. Mine is getting long in tooth and is getting up around 7-9% but my idle has also been raised so that it won't stall if you let off the gas too fast.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would that be a failing PCV that needs to be replaced or does it just need a catch can?

Edit: If this thing even has a PCV valve. I assumed it did because my other truck has one, but I dont see a valve listed online. Just a hose that connects the PCV to the intake.
like noted above it's built into the drivers side valve cover, there is a updated one, but either way a catch can will help prevent the oil +moisture mix from getting into the intake.

OP
OP
H

Heathen0042

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What percent is the throttle plate at while idling? Ideal is around 3-5%. Mine is getting long in tooth and is getting up around 7-9% but my idle has also been raised so that it won't stall if you let off the gas too fast.

I am still around the 3-5% area.

OP
OP
H

Heathen0042

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an update: After cleaning the throttle plate, the truck hasn't stalled again. I did just have my catch can come in, and plan on installing sometime soon. As of right now I am going to call this issue resolved. Thanks for all of your input guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC