Supplier Pricing being honored?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George And

Reaction score
Odd. multiple dealers would not allow for me to sign..my wife had to sign or they couldnt sell me the vehicle. This has happened 3 times in 2 years. Again, this is for my suppliers discount which is given to my wife due to her employer.
Who’s name did the car end up in as far as ownership?

The most flexible one seems to be the actual GM employee discount.

Who is eligible for the GM Employee Discount?
Active and Retired GM and GM Financial employees:
Are eligible for the discount and can sponsor the following purchasers: their spouse, children, stepchildren, grandchildren, stepgrandchildren, grandparents (including in-law and step), parents, stepparents, siblings (including full, half and step), mother-/father-in-law, sons-/daughters-in-law, brothers-/sisters-in-law, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.

You can claim just about anyone is your step something if you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who’s name did the car end up in as far as ownership?

The most flexible one seems to be the actual GM employee discount.

Who is eligible for the GM Employee Discount?
Active and Retired GM and GM Financial employees:
Are eligible for the discount and can sponsor the following purchasers: their spouse, children, stepchildren, grandchildren, stepgrandchildren, grandparents (including in-law and step), parents, stepparents, siblings (including full, half and step), mother-/father-in-law, sons-/daughters-in-law, brothers-/sisters-in-law, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.

You can claim just about anyone is your step something if you choose.

All my cars are in my name.

George And

Reaction score
All my cars are in my name.
Oh then maybe you need the person that is eligible there to complete the paperwork. I know it doesn’t HAVE to be titled in that persons name per se. like you weee able to buy a vehicle using your wife’s discount.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's some kind of difference between the code for straight GM Supplier and GM Supplier Friends and Family discount- a GM employee I know has offered me one of the codes he gets on a regular basis.

George And

Reaction score
There's some kind of difference between the code for straight GM Supplier and GM Supplier Friends and Family discount- a GM employee I know has offered me one of the codes he gets on a regular basis.
I think there are a bunch of different discounts that are collectively referred to as “supplier pricing”.

Being a first responder
Being a member of the military
Working for a company associated with GM aka a supplier
Working For GM itself

I’m sure there are more but they all kind of lead to the same outcome. And everyone uses the term “supplier pricing “ but the terms and eligibility differ based on the actual path that you take to get to the discount.

Dpm7471

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are different supplier pricing discounts but whether or not it is honored is totally up to the dealership. I just bought a 2021 Denali Yukon from a Hendrick dealer and they told me they do not honor it on the Denali’s but would honor supplier pricing on the SLT’s...go figure.

I called a GM representative and they told me the dealership could do what they wanted.

Dealerships are not obligated to honor the “supplier pricing”.

George And

Reaction score
There are different supplier pricing discounts but whether or not it is honored is totally up to the dealership. I just bought a 2021 Denali Yukon from a Hendrick dealer and they told me they do not honor it on the Denali’s but would honor supplier pricing on the SLT’s...go figure.

I called a GM representative and they told me the dealership could do what they wanted.

Dealerships are not obligated to honor the “supplier pricing”.
I just had a dealer reach out to me about a month later to tell me that he’s getting one and if I was still interested. This is on a Tahoe RST. So I told him I bought one but I have a friend who might want it, and the first responder discount came up and he told me that they are not doing supplier pricing right now either. Seems like the dealers are getting greedy these days, well moreso than usual.

gilboyj

Reaction score
I have a purchase agreement below MSRP and all my documentation from the order, including several manufacturing documents w/ production codes from GM stating the vehicle has been sold to me. I’ve discussed with a lawyer and the dealership would face significant breach of contract damages if they do not honor the purchase agreement. It also helps that my salesman is really cool
I have a purchase agreement below MSRP and all my documentation from the order, including several manufacturing documents w/ production codes from GM stating the vehicle has been sold to me. I’ve discussed with a lawyer and the dealership would face significant breach of contract damages if they do not honor the purchase agreement. It also helps that my salesman is really cool
Agreed, you are in good shape for requiring their honoring of the contract. Best of luck.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one on order and we have an agreement with the GMS discount. Any dealer taking away the rebates is being greedy and I would go elsewhere or just wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442