Supercruise owners, thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's why I miss my 2000 Mustang GT. Only nanny feature on it was the traction control that you had to turn off every time you started it. Pure fun because you drove the car and if you got your self in trouble I had to figure it out and not hope the car would save me. Supercruise is a cool feature, but I would rather drive the car than just be a rider.

:thumbsup:

Put a couple thousand miles on a 2021-2 Miata 6 speed convertible last year, only nanny that I recall was traction control but is user selectable, had just the right amount of tech for me. A wonderful little sports car for our rural NE Ga pavement !!

Last edited:

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
Finally got to drive my new ride home and I’ve got to say:
Supercruise is legit.

The 2.5 hr drive home from dealer felt like nothing. Auto lane changes were confident and well-timed.

Very glad I sprung for it.

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Supercruise requires ongoing map updates and survey data to be safe and functional. And it requires connectivity through a 3rd party mobile network to work away from your home Wi-Fi. So GM is incurring ongoing costs to provide these services, hence the monthly fee. It’s more analogous to oil changes and maintenance costs than something that you pay for once.
Then I assume I can use my phone in tether mode?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then I assume I can use my phone in tether mode?
Not likely. The functionality is almost certainly only available with a validated, known-good configuration. That means when the hardware and software engineered into the system is the basis for connectivity. Phone tethering was probably not deemed reliable enough by the engineers to deliver up-to-the-minute information to the supercruise system.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear Super Cruise is working well. I think its a great thing as it sound like almost a co-pilot for when you get tired or just want some extra help driving. I would get it if i was in the market for my next vehicle

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
One thing that surprised me about it.
I was under the impression that it was NOT compatible with two-lane undivided roads.

Last night, to my shock, when the 4 lane divided state highway I was driving merged down into a two-lane state highway, it never missed a beat and drove me all the way to my house. Slowed down around some tighter corners and did a wonderful job.

I just rechecked the map that shows Supercruise coverage and sure enough it has been expanded to the two-lane highway I was traveling. Months ago when I checked it, it only showed coverage on the divided highways in my area.

I think its a great thing as it sound like almost a co-pilot for when you get tired or just want some extra help driving.
I disagree with the tired part. If you're tired, get off the road. Period. Supercruise is not autopilot. Drowsy driving is no different than driving under the influence, IMO.

Last edited:

gman2890

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used it on a long drive on my friend's Escalade and found it worked really well. Takes a little getting used to, but once you get into the groove and trust it, it makes long drives more enjoyable and traffic tolerable.
It is one of the main reasons I upgraded my 21 Tahoe to a 23 Yukon Denali. Unfortunately it hasn't worked on my new truck. Broken out of the box. Bringing to the dealer tomorrow and hoping for a quick fix.

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
What happens when half the road SC recognizes? I was looking at a road in NJ on the SC map and it’s on and off with SC coverage

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong. We pay for subscriptions for things we want that we dont have like Netflix. Its a service not a feature. We are paying for every option in this truck. They are mine, I paid for them. I agreed to them. Your premise is paying for "permission" to use what you already paid for and already own. That is ridiculous. Yet in their survey they believe people will pay up to and over 100 dollars a month for subscriptions in vehicles.?? Feels like when we used to rent cars 25 years ago and you paid extra to get a GPS. It was up to you. So you paid for Supercruise, but want to keep paying for it?? Absurd. They will push as far as they can. Paying for features you own?? You paid for it when you bought it. Now we are in bed with the mafia??

Don’t you pay for a cellphone and then pay for a monthly service fee to use it? Similar principle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442