Supercharged Tahoe TBSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Couple of questions:

1) How fast would you say you are in the 1/4 mile and how fast is stock, just to compare
2) All that power, sounds like a suspension upgrade is a must? I can only imagine the dip that truck takes
3) Aside from routine maintenance, is there anything additional you had to do to tranny to take the abuse of more power?

Never took it on a track. I got a vid of a dyno run when I was only at 6 psi.

As far as suspension, I have lowering kit by beltech 2/4 factory suspension but bilsten 5100 struts In the rear with air lift bags. Front struts are o my list to do soon

Tranny wise I have oem with a corvette servo. I do however have a Gearstar performance transmission with a yank torque converter 2800 stall rated for 700 horses. To finish it off, I have a circle d lightened flexplate to install too.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My project is coming along too. Doing the edelbrock charger.
Did the 6L80E trans work first. Cirlce D Level 4 w billet planet,, etc
I used a modified factory type torque converter. And Kooks SS ceramic coated
headers, Y pipe, Catted

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ sounds fun

hopefully your s/c works out better than one in YT from RPM ;)

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
My project is coming along too. Doing the edelbrock charger.
Did the 6L80E trans work first. Cirlce D Level 4 w billet planet,, etc
I used a modified factory type torque converter. And Kooks SS ceramic coated
headers, Y pipe, Catted

can’t wait to see that. Believe it or not, I’m at 130k stock trans with vette servo and tune. I have a gearstar trans, 4L80E withlighter flywheel, 2800 stall converter to still install. My stock won’t quit

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My project is taking longer than had hoped.. I got the trans all done first. Then the Hummer Motor Mounts with new Gm Trans Mount too.
Headers were an OK install.. Now still have to pin the crank and install everything.. running into little things to do
"while I'm there" kinda stuff. Like starter, cam sensor(leaking oil) crank sensor, knock sensor that wasn't even hand tight bolt into block,
Mishimoto radiator, and cleaning everything up perfectly, along with new updated heater hoses and Y fittings too...
I still gotta do the rear end mods.. But that might have to wait til after my dyno tune next week...
I've got the Spohn lower control arms, QA1 panhard bar, powertrax helical gear posi to replace the G80, TA Perf rear diff cover, etc etc

Trying to make this thing absolutely bulletproof to handle the new power and towing. I tend to overdue stuff !!!
But don't want to get stranded somewhere. I just bought this last July and have been tinkering since !!!

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking I really dont know much about forced induction :(
centrifigul SC do have blow off valves. My expedition sounds like a jet when its open. If yo close the TB at boost weather its a turbo or sc, you still have boost pressure needing to get out. The sc in question on this post is a roots type so not ussually a blowoff. minw works just like a turbo but instead of exhaust spinning the turbin its a belt

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured I'd post here, I cannot get my Yukon to start and run
after my supercharger install... AND my dyno appt is in the morning !

Cranks, Acts like it wants to start/run for just a couple seconds..
I have plenty of fuel (because I had a big fuel leak, had to go back into to
change an injector O ring)...
I have NOT put any type of tune in it.. I figured it would start and run Ok enough
to limp it to the dyno shop
ANY Thoughts ????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018