Super cheap electric fan question - see pic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Stonefort

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure that $35 wasn't the monthly payment?

You made me double check! But nope. Just saw it "available from other sellers for less" and I took the gamble. Still haven't put 12v to it yet to see if it works but so far looks legit.

Screenshot_20210530-202022_Amazon Shopping.jpg 0

So was that an Amazon warehouse deal because I don’t see any near that cheap.

Not susure it does say "Sold by Amazon services" on the receipt and there is a sticker on the box that makes me think it was a return....need to but 12v on it and see if it works....l don't see any signs of installation though.

20210530_202437.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You made me double check! But nope. Just saw it "available from other sellers for less" and I took the gamble. Still haven't put 12v to it yet to see if it works but so far looks legit.

View attachment 280668 0

Not susure it does say "Sold by Amazon services" on the receipt and there is a sticker on the box that makes me think it was a return....need to but 12v on it and see if it works....l don't see any signs of installation though.

View attachment 280667
Yep it’s either a return or reman, either way you got a steal. Those are $175 new.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a difference in just the blade count between the years.
ya there is a mixture of blade counts 5&5 5&7 7&9, rimmed, non-rimmed, 500w, 700w, shroud outer diameter is the same and the connectors are the same, on the 7&9 blade the shroud is thicker (still fits)
after 2014 they went to a direct drive motor so the design is different
radiators fit 2000-2014, on the earlier models some had a slightly smaller width radiator but you can fit a 34" in all of them (there are holes in the support you just move the rubber bushings to the outer holes) then you would just have to find the 34" shroud and it's plug-n-play
the only difference is if you had a trans/oil cooler, then you just have to be sure to get one with that option, if you did not have that option you can still use the radiator with trans/oil cooler that part just doesn't get used.
the only thing you loose putting a newer radiator in a older truck is the petcock drain that gm did away with at some point.

OP
OP
Stonefort

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you cant find him, theres a few companies that sell a conversion harness pcm of nc, nelson performance, racetronix

most just have power and ground connection and then trigger wire from ecu or temp sensor

Hey thanks that's perfect! The Nelson harness looks great, they have the two trigger wires already pinned which is great. Looks like racetronix only have a universal harness.