Super charger advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The positive displacement superchargers look so easy and simple to throw on that's probably what I'll keep an eye out for but probably the larger 2.3l or 2.9l. Only thing I don't like about them is trying to keep IATs down.
And yea I was kinda surprised so i looked them up to see a few of the newer supercharged RRs run high 12s/low 13s stock :lol: right out of the hole I pulled a car on him and he stayed there till about 80-85mph then walked right on by

I wouldn't mind a 2.9 myself. A younger fella I'm workin with is building a turbo F-Body, he's trying to talk me into going turbo haha. I'm also working on his car.
They're crazy, and big boats too.

Oregon.

This. I started a build thread, there's a link in my sig. It needs a lot of little stuff; it never got quite finished by the PO. Man I gotta get those front windows tinted to match, every time I look at it I go crazy lol.View attachment 192123

Good golly miss molly, that's what I'm talkin about. I need to go visit your build thread.

Cam is perfect for a daily driver, just a hint of lope on the outside of the vehicle

Nice. Do you have the specs of the cam?

I've been debating between Whipple, Maggie and Pro - or all forged internals...i'm a N/A type of guy, but in the end just comes down to how much HP for little $ I have to spend lol

I've been a tried and true n/a guy myself, until all this boosted junk started popping up everywhere haha.
I do think a well built motor would be my first choice, the go boosted from there.

I understand. I just always wanted a blown V8 with a cam and headers so I went for it. I'm running straight pipes too (actually I'm running an Aero Turbo muffler which makes it louder that straight pipes) because I wanted it loud too. The thing sounds amazing under throttle. And it doesn't drive me crazy just driving normal like I was afraid it would. Actually I can't really make myself drive normal anymore.

Do you have any video of your running? Sounds killer

niely

Reaction score
I understand. I just always wanted a blown V8 with a cam and headers so I went for it. I'm running straight pipes too (actually I'm running an Aero Turbo muffler which makes it louder that straight pipes) because I wanted it loud too. The thing sounds amazing under throttle. And it doesn't drive me crazy just driving normal like I was afraid it would. Actually I can't really make myself drive normal anymore.

Good for you. 'Murica.

niely

Reaction score
Nice. Do you have the specs of the cam?

noting crazy, just pretty much entry level - 206/212 .525/.534 114+2

I've been a tried and true n/a guy myself, until all this boosted junk started popping up everywhere haha.
I do think a well built motor would be my first choice, the go boosted from there.

that's what i'm thinking for now...rebuild everything inside so the main setup will last years and then see about forced induction

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
noting crazy, just pretty much entry level - 206/212 .525/.534 114+2

that's what i'm thinking for now...rebuild everything inside so the main setup will last years and then see about forced induction

Thanks for the spec :)

I'll be doing the same thing but, I'm going to get a short block. Stock crank with forged rods/pistons. I already have some new 243 and I'm in the process of gathering all the little stuff. This isn't going to happen this year, well only if my current 5.3 pops haha. I'm shooting for next summer to have everything.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have any video of your running? Sounds killer

In the second video watch out at about 50 seconds in especially if you have the volume up.

joey1693

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
whipple 2.3 all the way. Pm me i sell both
i have a question i bought a 98 chevy tahoe with a whipple charger in it could you tell me how to maint. it i never new they came with this an want to keep it working like mew

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which supercharger? side mount whipple most likely. i dont think whipple supports them to much any more but there isnt much maintenance to do for them. keep the oil fresh, you can prob still find snout couplers and rotor packs if needed.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know with my new Whipple the only maintenance is keep an eye on the oil level and change it after 100,000 miles. I like that OCI.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
My Maggie tsv1900 is not serviceable and doesn’t require oil change, not that I could anyways

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Maggie tsv1900 is not serviceable and doesn’t require oil change, not that I could anyways
You don't have a sight to see the oil level? Mine has a clear circle in the front with the oil level line halfway up it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts