Sunroof not opening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s_kavert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently noticed that my sunroof wasn't opening. Took it to the dealership... fuse was good, switch was good. I didn't have time to leave it with them overnight, but they said they would have to drop the headliner to trace back where the issue may be. Anyone have this issue? Have a feeling the repair could get expensive if I take back to the dealer, so thought I would ask the question here in the event I can repair myself.

Thanks!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
broken or jammed track or bad motor, I guess they make the tracks and gears out of plastic from what I have read before so they break the only other thing that ever happens is the motor dies just like a door window

OP
OP
s_kavert

s_kavert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably a bad motor then. When pressing the button to open, it doesn't make any sound. Assuming if it was the track I would hear the motor trying to engage.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably a bad motor then. When pressing the button to open, it doesn't make any sound. Assuming if it was the track I would hear the motor trying to engage.
If you take the headliner down enough to get in there you can verify the motor operation or not by just checking the harness at the motor with a meter and and press the button to see if you get a 12v signal, I have done a couple sunroof motors replacements before on other vehicles usually it's not too hard at all a couple bolts and r&r doesn't need any special programming or anything. plug-n-play, rockauto may have the motor and usually a lot less than the dealer price

if you don't get 12v when pressing the button then I would suspect the button next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts