Sunroof Dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only worry with junkyard here is I live in the desert. every motor would have been baked lol my guess is mine failed because of the heat. guy i bought truck from parked it outside in the sun. i had to get a new dash, and most of the plastic bits on outside are pretty sorry looking :/

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, as i am out of warranty and cannot listen to dealership BS I went into this myself, I downloaded the schematics from www.bbbind.com. Excellent site have all the diagrams of most cars and TSB announcements.
I traced my sunroof switch all the way back to the fuse in drivers panel, it was a 10A called RAP SEO. Swapped the fuse and bang it blew again.
So i then traced this line back to the front windshield behind the plastic cover behind the mirror, and then bingo in dawned on me, i had a new windshield replaced a month earlier and never thought of checking the sunroof.
I started removing cables and when i got to this device marked A and unplugged it the fuse didn't blow.
Now what is this strange device in picture one because the weird part was, the rain sensor works, the Adaptive cruise control works, now what really pisses me off I then plug everything back in as its getting late and the fuse didn't blow.
so i am searching google. I hope this may help folks in the future

View attachment 209458
I have this exact issue. I had a family member replace a broken windshield, (on the side, so as not to pay full price) - I don't use the sunroof much, but when I did a few days after windshield was replaced, it no longer worked. Turns out, he installed the wrong window, so not only did I have a non-working sunroof, I also did not have rain-sensor wipers which I thought was odd. This was because the window used did not have a cut-out in the black panel (on-glass) just behind the rear view mirror, where the sensor is to see the sky. There was a cut-out for the early warning indicator for road detection when you are approaching cars, and for lane departure, just not for the rain-sensor. I ended up replacing the #21 30A fuse in passenger side fuse panel "marked Sunroof". Did not work. I will NEXT attempt the #8 10A RAP SEO fuse on driver's side. But I have a feeling until I get yet another new Windshield, the issue will probably not go away. Found this out when a buddy came by to fix a tiny chip in Window (2 weeks after I got new windshield put in) and I already had a rock hit it to create a new chip in glass. After he inspected it, I happened to ask about my rain sensor, he then identified the wrong window had been installed. This guy has been installing glass for awhile, unlike my family member. I know who to use next time.

T C SD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
"My sunroof died as well—in the open position. But I didn’t have a windshield replacement or anything like that. Turns out fuse 8DL had blown, which is unusual since nothing has been added to any circuit.
If someone else has the same problem, be sure to check not only the sunroof fuse in the right fuse box (30A), but also the 10A fuse for the switch in the left fuse box.

Hope this helps someone."

100% fix after swapping the 30a and found it wasn't the issue!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ryan H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I disconnected it to troubleshoot, looks like a new one is about 100 bucks online. I think it kind of dumb anyway i much prefer controlling the wipers myself
@Chris brindle what do I need to check on fuses on my Yukon to fix the sunroof being dead? In 2018 you resolved your issue. Mine is same w/o the new windshield. 30a fuse is good on passenger side. 10a fuse on driver side keeps blowing. I’m lost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts