Sunroof Accordion thing on sides...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DjJayFrree

DJ to the Stars
Reaction score
No idea how else to explain ti but the thing that is like an accordion when you tilt the roof... On the passenger side is has disconnected from the top of the sunroof. Is this an easy fix? I can post a pic if this makes no sense.

thanks!

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does make sense to me and i think you just push it back in, i think your talking about the plastic cover that covers the mechanism on the sides

Stephenprzy44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No idea how else to explain ti but the thing that is like an accordion when you tilt the roof... On the passenger side is has disconnected from the top of the sunroof. Is this an easy fix? I can post a pic if this makes no sense.

thanks!

thanks!

Hi,
This is completely off subject to your question but I see that you have a pioneer navigation in your truck with apple carplay. Is it a good navigation setup and was it plug-n-play? I am looking to put one in on my 2010 chevy tahoe which does not have navigation. I am looking at kenwood because I hear good things about them but I'm still looking. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Stephen

OP
OP
DjJayFrree

DjJayFrree

DJ to the Stars
Reaction score
LOVE my nav... if I was doing it again I'd spend the big bucks on the one flatdale was selling tho... I don't use car play that much because the USB port doesn't charge the phone as fast as the one in the center console if that makes any sense. you have to have the phone plugged in via USB (as far as i can tell) for car play to be enabled (stupid)

Stephenprzy44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LOVE my nav... if I was doing it again I'd spend the big bucks on the one flatdale was selling tho... I don't use car play that much because the USB port doesn't charge the phone as fast as the one in the center console if that makes any sense. you have to have the phone plugged in via USB (as far as i can tell) for car play to be enabled (stupid)

Yeah I'm looking into kenwood because I hear good things about them but also looking into pioneer. One last question, was it hard to install? Thanks!

olsonpaw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

thanks!
Hi - did you get this fixed? This happened on my 2016 Yukon XL - dealer wants $200 to fix this. I see I can buy the part for $35. Can I really replace it without taking apart the sunroof?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi - did you get this fixed? This happened on my 2016 Yukon XL - dealer wants $200 to fix this. I see I can buy the part for $35. Can I really replace it without taking apart the sunroof?
If you original piece is only loose, you can re insert it. You can add some glue to the slot if necessary.

olsonpaw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you original piece is only loose, you can re insert it. You can add some glue to the slot if necessary.
I had to remove mine completely (or i did) because it was preventing the sunroof to close. Is there anyway to re insert it without taking anything apart?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518