Summit White or White Frost Tricoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mengler819

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just curious - would you do Summit White or White Frost Tricoat on a Yukon Denali?

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a "salt to taste" decision. I like them both, but I went with solid white as I usually do. If bodywork is ever needed, it's just easier to match up. Metallics, pearls, metal flakes, frost, etc. are pretty and all, but are notoriously difficult for paint shops to match.

Holy Roller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing to consider is that White Frost has one more coat of paint than Summit. So it is a thicker paint job, if that’s a consideration for you.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White Frost Tricoat. Summit White doesn't age well down here in the south, it flakes off in sheets if not taken care of properly.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White Frost Tricoat. Summit White doesn't age well down here in the south, it flakes off in sheets if not taken care of properly.
It seems that’s a problem with white paint in general. I’ve seen white Honda, Ford, GM, etc. cars going down the road with white paint spots missing. I wonder why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons