Summit motor mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know people recommend the hummer motor mounts, anyone try these?

Little bit cheaper, maybe smaller without heat shields, easier to install? Look like they will never break..
I've heard some mention of the H3 mounts vibrating a little bit, (which I'm assuming the summit will as well)
So I'm even considering stock mounts which are waaay cheaper. ($60 for aftermarket pair, $350 summit, $500 H3)

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$500?! There’s no way that the H3 motor mounts cost that much or else I wouldn’t have been able to afford installing them.

They do let through a little bit more vibration but it’s not bad

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow it seems you are correct. What the duck happened to the price of these things?

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greed, I'm thinking greed happened!

Seriously I wish there was an aftermarket H3 mount, if they can make the fluid filled for $30, they can make a solid mount for that much..
Sounds like the poly mounts vibrate more than the H3, so surprise, surprise, I'm leaning towards the most expensive option..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
must be low stock on the hummer mounts I paid $90 for one in november off amazon, currently looks like best price is $254 on rock auto.
this summit deal 2 for $349 is not too bad presuming you are replacing both sides, which I eventually had to do anyway.
replaced the drivers side and passenger broke about a year later.
might be worth poking around online for a sale or % off deal, i wouldn't even look sideways at $500 you must be looking at the versace version.

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, planning to do both while I'm mucking around in there..
The $500 was for a pair.. but stilll..Hoping the stock gets replenished and prices come down. $200 sounds a heckuva lot better than $500!

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those summit mounts look rough though, that dashboard not gonna last long with those mounts. Going to shake to bits lol
I read some review here in the motor mount thread about similarly designed mounts (as the summit mounts), and it does sound like there is a noticeable increase in vibration over the H3 mounts. Guess there is only one choice..