Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjmrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for suggestions for my 07 Tahoe

All I got now is looks and it's govern'd at 100 which is annoying as all hell. The Tahoe looks mean, but isn't fast by any means.

Looking to do some upgrades to give her a little boost, but I am running a 4l60e, and I am not sure how much power that thing can handle either

Any pointers on the path forward?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for suggestions for my 07 Tahoe

All I got now is looks and it's govern'd at 100 which is annoying as all hell. The Tahoe looks mean, but isn't fast by any means.

Looking to do some upgrades to give her a little boost, but I am running a 4l60e, and I am not sure how much power that thing can handle either

Any pointers on the path forward?
I'd def start with a good tune, and as funds allow--cai, cam, headers/exhaust. That's pretty much the easy stuff. You'll get a few more horses out of it then. After that you can always go forced induction--but then it starts getting expensive. Whatever you do, make sure you beef up your trans, it's the weak point.

OP
OP
tjmrider

tjmrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd def start with a good tune, and as funds allow--cai, cam, headers/exhaust. That's pretty much the easy stuff. You'll get a few more horses out of it then. After that you can always go forced induction--but then it starts getting expensive. Whatever you do, make sure you beef up your trans, it's the weak point.

I was thinking about doing s 4l80e trans swap in it if I'm going the performance route

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 4l60E can handle lots of power if built right . there are several places that do good ones
The 4l80e is very stout, but you lose a little gearing in 1st gear and 4th gear isn't
as deep of overdrive , so you gain some rpm at highway speeds. The 80E is also
heavier and 'uses' more power . The 80E built correctly will cost just as much
as the 60E built correctly. So your choice.
Even with good bolt ons your 5.3 would not overpower a 60E if you are not going boosted

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wrecked 4l60's many many times naturally aspirated. so many times I cant remember them all, broke g80's too, the only that didn't break was the np246
I am however a extreme case, your results may vary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094