Successfully sleeping in a '17 Yukon XL Denali (settings/tricks discussion)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just turn the sensor off. The switch is located in the overhead console in the front. I do this all of the time when the dog is with me and I need to get out for a short period of time and I need to lock it. works like a charm
OP, did you try this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sensor switch is located in the overhead console?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The information is probably located in your owners manual. If you don't have one you can down load it.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It may apply to the 2021 Denali and Escalade but I've never seen this button in the previous generation.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

It may apply to the 2021 Denali and Escalade but I've never seen this button in the previous generation.
I have a previous generation Escalade and it has the button, it’s next to the sunroof controls on the ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP mentions he already presses the overhead button to cancel motion sensors. I'd try popping the hood and once you climb in, lock the doors and then depress the cancel motion sensors. With the hood popped, it should not re-activate any further. Let me know if that fixes your problem.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it is a button that's present in the Yukon Denali and Escalade?

It's definitely not in the Chevrolet LZT or GMC SLT trim levels.

From the looks of the interior the Chevrolet LZT is "closest" to the Denali trim, considering it has the covers for the front cup holders and cubby that the rest of the trims do not.