Subwoofer Security

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently upgraded to 4 Sundown SA12's in my Yukon. They are in a large box and inverted so they are much more visible than my last setup. I need some recommendations to keep my equipment from getting stolen. I don't live in a "rough" area but break ins are common and I was a victim of one last summer. I was thinking about using cord style bike locks on each side of the box connected to the OEM anchors to secure the box. However tweakers in the area commonly have cordless drills on hand so my subs could easily get swiped. Are there such thing as security bolts or anything along those lines? Any input would be much appreciated.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my buddy would build his boxes so they were a tight fit. he also waited to close in one side or used one of the tubes for access. but anyway he would use bolts and locking nuts. by the time they figure out how to get the box out of the trunk or wherever he has it fastened. that or when they realized they cant remove the subs so easily someone should notice or his alarm has drawn enough attn.

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Just remember if they want it bad enough they’ll get it no matter what, however I think drakon was on the right path as I do something similar.

Mounting points inside the box to chassis then they CANNOT get the box out without removing the sub. Then recess the sub. I’ve gone as far as using different fastener types in each hole to mount the sub. I can’t imagine many thieves will carry a bit set with 10 or so different tips.

Good luck, sounds like a kick*** system.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could strip/drill out the screw heads or round out the bolt heads. They will have to be drilled out or cut off by you or them.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you park your truck outside at night? You have to invest in a good alarm system. All this expensive Audio creates security issues that everyone has to deal with. Your wheels and tires attract attention too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts