Substance Dripping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tnyukon21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I can't figure out what this is but any suggestions would help. Randomly today, the wife calls and says I can hear this sound and it's under the brand new yukon. I said well watch your gages and I will look tonight. Flashforward till dinner and it happens again. So I crawl under it at outback to see this drip (picture attached). All the levels appear to be normal from a quick check also. What in the world could be leaking down to what I would assume is the y-pipe. Also is the y-pipe if that is it really suppose to look like that? Thanks in advance but dinner wasn't going to be the same till I asked someone. Lol

Attachments

• 20210730_183443.jpg
    20210730_183443.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 15

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it’s clear and dries on the pavement and the A/C or defrost was on, then it’s probably drainage from the AC condenser.

My ‘21 Tahoe makes a sizzling noise when I park it after running the AC which seems to be normal from another thread on here. Looks like it’s dripping mead the same location on yours.

OP
OP
T

Tnyukon21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the lead! Driving me nuts and couldn't find it but didn't really know what yo call it either.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup just got home a while ago and was taking stuff out the rear and heard the sizzle. Had heard it previously from front passenger right below the head unit but today noticed more of the sizzle.

Dogged

Reaction score
Wipe it with a white cloth so we can see the color. Does it dry up or stay a droplet on a cold pipe? That will help determine if it's oil or water based.