Stuttering/slipping while under WOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmunRoo

Reaction score
Not sure what to make of it, but I need to replace the fluids in the diff, transfer case and trans. But I was on the expressway and I needed to make it quick Lane change so I floored it, the truck accelerated like a monster but then it started what felt like skipping or stuttering from the transmission, not the motor. I did end up knocking loose my MAF sensor and I don't know if that would have been the issue. I had just installed my cold air intake but I didn't tighten the coupler connected to the sensor so it came loose while driving. Any thoughts or ideas on what I should look at or consider while I'm changing fluids? As always, any and I'll help is greatly appreciated!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Like @Bill 1960 said, you have an obvious problem with the work at the MAF and cold air intake area, so fix that and see what happens. How long since trans fluid had been changed and filter? Is it the original MAF? Miles on rig?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckner0121

Latest posts