Stupid question about sea foam and vacuum line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seafoam aerosol states on the can to put it in at the TB boot with a specified distance from the butterfly. I use it every oil chance as directed on the can and I do get a good bit of smoke once I accelerate a bit hard as it states. I use my Modus to set the RPMs to 2k at idle and spend a few minutes emptying the can. Kill the vehicle set a phone timer and walk away. Come back fire it up and go give it a few hard pulls.

OP
OP
TorqueToSpec

TorqueToSpec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use my Modus to set the RPMs to 2k at idle and spend a few minutes emptying the can.

The directions specifically say not to do this. I have a diablosport so the thought crossed my mind...

The issue I had with using the aerosol/throttle setup was the first time the straw came out as my gf was holding at 2k rpm. This ended up with spray everywhere and although I am lucky the straw didn’t end up in the manifold, the throttle plate closed on it and threw an error and went into limp mode. I had to flash it with the tuner to get rid of the CEL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh it specifying on the can to not use the air bypass valve to do it. yes that part i get thought the comment was specifically for the rpms.

OP
OP
TorqueToSpec

TorqueToSpec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ahh it specifying on the can to not use the air bypass valve to do it. yes that part i get thought the comment was specifically for the rpms.
No I think the air bypass is fine, and the rpms are fine. For some reason it specifies not programming the idle RPM’s.

I wonder though if using the crankcase breather it bypasses all or most of the manifold and ends up in oil?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you unhooked the crankcase breather and inserted the seafoam tube into the intake tube with the spray nozzle end facing the throttle body im not sure how. unless you unhooked the hose from the intake hose and sprayed it into vacuum hose towards the valve cover. i did say to pull the tube out of your intake tube and spray into the intake towards the throttle. the whole point in not using the air bypass valve is you can ruin the bypass valve. it is designed to flow air not liquid and is not a sealed electric valve. so if seafoam gets into the valve it could short it out. i dont know about these new flyby wire tbs but when you could actually separately remove the idle air control valve and clean it. cleaning it with caution like cleaning a maf was highly suggested due to this.

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The directions specifically say not to do this. I have a diablosport so the thought crossed my mind...

The issue I had with using the aerosol/throttle setup was the first time the straw came out as my gf was holding at 2k rpm. This ended up with spray everywhere and although I am lucky the straw didn’t end up in the manifold, the throttle plate closed on it and threw an error and went into limp mode. I had to flash it with the tuner to get rid of the CEL.

Unless I am misinterpreting something...

7a5b95999c6cec5764a6b230101f234c.jpg

I missed that part on the can damn lol. But I use the fuction to test throttle and increase throttle % to get my 2k so its opening the butterfly and not using the air bypass. Which serves the same purpose as holding it at 2k with the go peddle. My lonely ass has no assistants lol.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I missed that part on the can damn lol. But I use the fuction to test throttle and increase throttle % to get my 2k so its opening the butterfly and not using the air bypass. Which serves the same purpose as holding it at 2k with the go peddle. My lonely ass has no assistants lol.
ya i almost had a bad moment once doing a lone wolf throttle. dont remember exactly what i was doing but my fat a$$ climbing up on the front shifted the prop rod and the rpms skyrocketed. ended up falling off the front of the truck trying to hurry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT