Stupid fix it tickets! need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWebPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might I suggest the Waze app? Better than a radar detector in my book. At least for highway/urban areas.

The problem with waze is you need phone service to use it. On my drive from So Cal to Nor Cal(Mammoth, Yosemite), there were times where I had no cell phone service. I felt like I was driving blind without waze reporting things to me.

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on instagram that does custom head lights and tail lights like that, gold standard lighting. Check him out

Ya I got that off of instagram the company that did that one is redline.
But there no longer accepting for a while their so behind.

doc_sun

Scotcher
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with waze is you need phone service to use it. On my drive from So Cal to Nor Cal(Mammoth, Yosemite), there were times where I had no cell phone service. I felt like I was driving blind without waze reporting things to me.

Yes, that is true. I'm lucky enough to not have a coverage gap anywhere that I might be speeding.

OP
OP
osidesurfer365

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Waze and I must say it does work really well, the two times I was pulled over I slowed down before I was within eye sight and still got pulled over for the mods. Oh well can't win all the time

OP
OP
osidesurfer365

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Knightrider03m I take it from your response you are a police officer? No need to take things personally, I'm venting and not directing anything directly at you, and yes in California we still get charged $25 court fee even for fix it tickets

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

@DWebPro no not so much the light bar, no front license plate, the aftermarket one I have does not have holes and I'm not about to drill into it, illegal tint on from two windows and smoked taillights

Last edited:

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about tinting my tail lights but changed my mind after being stopped numerous time by the police for my windows being to dark even though you could see inside my truck.
But I also got educated by the shop who did my tints.
He told me to take off the vent shades and go with a lighter tint. Now no more problems.
He also said since my interior is black it gives the tint a darker look than what it really is.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
CHP will sign off fix it tickets no charge at the substations. The court, city or county will usually charge you to sign off the violations. That leaves you stuck with the fee the court charges when u mail in the fix it ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any cop can sign off a ticket without charge.

CHP will sign off fix it tickets no charge at the substations. The court, city or county will usually charge you to sign off the violations. That leaves you stuck with the fee the court charges when u mail in the fix it ticket.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
True, we’re just referring to walking into abc court here in SoCal. In ‘00 Orange Co Marshal merged with OC Sheriff. To increase revenue, more fix it type citations are issued w/ a fee. The sheriff could not justify the additional manpower for all the increasing cite sign off’s. Now, you pay (at our courts) for the fix it cite sign off and the nuisance fee of the fix it ticket.

The educated peeps have a local city cop, sheriff or chp sign off the cite for free b4 going to court to resolve it or mail it in. Just stopping by our local courthouse gets you a double fee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts