Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have Z55 Autoride and G69 auto leveling which means air bladder shocks on the rear, self leveling. Those rear Bilstein won’t work. I don’t believe Bilstein makes a direct replacement for the rear if you want to keep the self leveling. Read what @iamdub said above but keep in mind its easiest to keep the system and imo it’s worth it. Expensive to maintain? I have replaced my compressor and shocks with Arnold products and it wasn’t that expensive honestly, plus they have a lifetime warranty. I love being lowered and still be able to tow a heavy trailer and it automatically keeps the rear leveled. Removing the system can be a hassle also but it’s not that hard if you know what to do, there’s plenty of info here as well as experienced people to help you. First, you need to figure out if your compressor and rear shocks are still working.
I agree with Mark.

My first choice would be to keep the ALC and go with Arnott products. I believe you will need AS-2700 (new) or AS-2708 (rebuilt). Have had good luck with both. If your compressor is. It working, their compressor is quality as well.

OP
OP
Peter Nelson

Peter Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You have Z55 Autoride and G69 auto leveling which means air bladder shocks on the rear, self leveling. Those rear Bilstein won’t work. I don’t believe Bilstein makes a direct replacement for the rear if you want to keep the self leveling. Read what @iamdub said above but keep in mind its easiest to keep the system and imo it’s worth it. Expensive to maintain? I have replaced my compressor and shocks with Arnold products and it wasn’t that expensive honestly, plus they have a lifetime warranty. I love being lowered and still be able to tow a heavy trailer and it automatically keeps the rear leveled. Removing the system can be a hassle also but it’s not that hard if you know what to do, there’s plenty of info here as well as experienced people to help you. First, you need to figure out if your compressor and rear shocks are still working.
So those bilstein struts WOULD work for the front though? And smooth out the ride quite a bit?

OP
OP
Peter Nelson

Peter Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree with Mark.

My first choice would be to keep the ALC and go with Arnott products. I believe you will need AS-2700 (new) or AS-2708 (rebuilt). Have had good luck with both. If your compressor is. It working, their compressor is quality as well.
Do arnott for front struts and rear air shocks? Will my ride be noticeably smoother? 136 thousand miles on the vehicle now, not sure if shocks have been replaced before or not but when hitting some steep driveways or some decent bumps, they sound a bit clunky.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do arnott for front struts and rear air shocks? Will my ride be noticeably smoother? 136 thousand miles on the vehicle now, not sure if shocks have been replaced before or not but when hitting some steep driveways or some decent bumps, they sound a bit clunky.
At 136K, your shocks are due to be replaced and would be likely to sound clunky.

If you want to keep the ALC/ARC,

Arnott has the SK-2806 for the front
https://www.arnottindustries.com/pr...vs-swb-gmt92x-lwb-gmt93x-gmt94x-left-or-right

They also have the AR-2700/2708 for the rear.
https://www.arnottindustries.com/pr...kon-xl-gmt8xx-gmt9xx-w-autoride-left-or-right

OP
OP
Peter Nelson

Peter Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP
OP
Peter Nelson

Peter Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And what does it mean by value shock? I don’t want to go too cheap and not be impressed with the ride quality.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much smoother do you think the ride would be?

I would imagine it would be close to OEM. Asking someone about how smooth or rough shock makes a vehicle is very subjective.

And what does it mean by value shock? I don’t want to go too cheap and not be impressed with the ride quality.

Arnott makes good stuff from what I have experienced. I have used their rear shocks on a couple vehicles as well as their compressor. I am getting ready to buy all four corners on my 2013 Denali and will likely be going with what I just suggested for your Tahoe. The Value is referencing the fact that it’s not as expensive as OEM shocks. There just aren’t many options for maintaining the ALC/ARC functionality on these other than OEM.

OP
OP
Peter Nelson

Peter Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would imagine it would be close to OEM. Asking someone about how smooth or rough shock makes a vehicle is very subjective.

I see
Arnott makes good stuff from what I have experienced. I have used their rear shocks on a couple vehicles as well as their compressor. I am getting ready to buy all four corners on my 2013 Denali and will likely be going with what I just suggested for your Tahoe. The Value is referencing the fact that it’s not as expensive as OEM shocks. There just aren’t many options for maintaining the ALC/ARC functionality on these other than OEM.

OP
OP
Peter Nelson

Peter Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Arnott makes good stuff from what I have experienced. I have used their rear shocks on a couple vehicles as well as their compressor. I am getting ready to buy all four corners on my 2013 Denali and will likely be going with what I just suggested for your Tahoe. The Value is referencing the fact that it’s not as expensive as OEM shocks. There just aren’t many options for maintaining the ALC/ARC functionality on these other than OEM.[/QUOTE
I’ll probably do that then, not sure if my compressor works or not