Strut mounts replaced correctly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so this is going to be confusing to explain. I also have a video below as well as pictures of what the replacement mount looks like.

There's a profile / ramp where the spring seats on it. This ramp floats. It didn't on the factory mounts. I'm wondering if my springs is oriented incorrectly and causing the car to pull to the side.

I've rebuilt struts on more cars than I can remember... Done possibly a dozen of them or more? I've never had the alignment go so bad as with this car. I've actually never had to get the car aligned again after replacing them before.

Really has me second guessing myself if I have to tear these new struts down again and clock that spring more precisely on the mounts?

I'd just have it aligned but alignments here went from $60 to $150 :oops:

902972_BAC__ra_p.jpg

Part on left is the ramp which meets the spring and floats. The factory mounts I replaced had that fixed to the upper mount. It didn't float.
902972_HW__ra_p.jpg

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of one off my 2008 yukon. I think the label will help orient you. Don't remember what side it was though. From what I can tell with my new ones, the label faces the spindle. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 20221228_210505.jpg
    20221228_210505.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I got it all figured out. Forgot to post solution. I called MeVotech (the maker of the strut mount. They explained everything in complete detail.

I have to say, I LOVE Mevotech parts. They've been awesome, of the best I can find for normal and heavy duty use (my offroad rig). And their tech support was great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17