Stream from Android without wifi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Travis Hedrick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Netflix, youtubetv, etc.
Is it possible to stream or mirror the phone with just a USB cable or USB to HDMI cable?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Netflix, youtubetv, etc.
Is it possible to stream or mirror the phone with just a USB cable or USB to HDMI cable?
on the rear display's yes if your system has the input, if you want to do it in the front you can purchase a bypass device that would allow it I forget what it is called but if you just google something like "gm video bypass" you will see it online and probably ebay.
other options are use a chromecast or something of that nature or put stuff on a thumb drive
you can also use any mobile hotspot I have one in mine it just runs power off of the usb port, my phone has a hotspot but it's not convenient to turn it on & off everytime I jump in the truck
my silverado has it from gm but I have never used there service since I already have a mobile one I pay for, the kids use it all the time for there tablets and stuff

OP
OP
T

Travis Hedrick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya, I was trying to avoid the hotspot.
Chromecast has to be connected to wifi, so I think to use chromecast, i would need to turn on hotspot on my phone, then have another device connect to that hotspot and THEN finally use the chromecast.
I dont need it on the front, its just for the kids in back.
My Yukon has USB and HDMI.
Just trying to figure out how to play streaming services like netflix and youtube TV, on my phone, and have it show up on the TV in the Yukon.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if we are traveling or something I just throw some stuff on a thumb drive i have 291 movies downloaded 1/2 of which I haven't even seen yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442

Latest posts