Strap with hook in the glove box, what is this for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
Good find. Seems sort of silly. I can't imagine a full size rim and tire sliding around.
Put your spare back there and then take it up to 75 and slam on the brakes. Bet it slides. Or god forbid hit another car head on and the car saves your life but the spare flies up and hits you in the head killing you. But you’re what makes the world go around.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put your spare back there and then take it up to 75 and slam on the brakes. Bet it slides. Or god forbid hit another car head on and the car saves your life but the spare flies up and hits you in the head killing you. But you’re what makes the world go around.
Well yeah I could dream up 100 nightmare scenarios that could kill you in your vehicle. If you're going 75 on a spare you're asking for it anyways. I bet very few people would bother strapping their wheel down is my point. Especially if you have the all weather cargo liner. Live completely by the books if that makes you feel safe, I'm not judging.

OP
OP
Dustin Mustangs

Dustin Mustangs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I finally made use of it today in my own way. No more explosive canisters rolling around in my trunk. Pretty easy to deploy if you leave it adjusted correctly.

D5BC0CD0-A808-4C13-B3DC-22F7392DD30C.jpeg

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finding many uses for this strap to secure cargo. The latest is to secure a kids bike. It was a little too short for the configuration I wanted, but nothing a zip tie couldn't fix.

20210324_190313.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17